Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I need a lawyer!!! Just got my denied foid letter.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thank you all for the info but I'm looking for a lawyer.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Call the NRA

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #13

I will thank you very much

Old 08-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #14

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

this seems to be a recurring theme in Illinois these days

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/illinois-jacking-me-over-about-my-foid-what-about-u-50594/

What county do you live in, in Illinois?

Old 08-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #15

I live in du page

Old 08-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Gtfo of illinois. Nothing good comes out of illinois. 0vomit for example. The economy is good in Texas.

dfergus8

Old 08-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #17

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak47usa View Post
I live in du page
Well, Damn, unfortunately it doesn't look like dupage county makes court records viewable online, like Champaign County Circuit Clerk does...

http://www.dupageco.org/CourtClerk/3018/

I was going to suggest searching for yourself in the DuPage county circuit clerk...you can click the above link though and still go in there during regular business hours and do your own search.

You might also start by gettng an official background check on yourself from the FBI...

Here's a good starting point.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/

If you can find the error and get it fixed yourself, then you can avoid paying an attorney to do it for you. If, however, you find out that there is no burglary charge on your record, my first step would be to contact the Illinois State Police directly 217-782-7980 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST Monday through Friday, explain to them what's going on,t hat you have a copy of your criminal record for the FBI (or a lack of one, ideally) and see how things go from there.

Might still require an attorney, but I'm always for doing things on my own as much as I can, I've settled more than one case on my own behalf...successfully sued an old employer of my wife for back pay at her job (he refused to pay her when she turned in her resignation, and he tried to claim his employment contract said he could) well, we won that one pretty easily, despite his pompous ass of a lawyer making a fool of his client in the court room.

Though a lawyer isn't always obsolete, you still can handle most of your own legal representation yourself...it just requires a lot of preparation, dedication, and research...but it pays off in the end...sort of like replacing your own fuel pump or alternator.

This isn't legal advice, just my opinion on what I would do if I were in your shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergus8 View Post
Gtfo of illinois. Nothing good comes out of illinois. 0vomit for example. The economy is good in Texas.
If it were that easy, I'd leave in a heart beat. You find me a job in Texas that pays near what I make here, with the promise of job security that I have here, and I'm gone.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-12-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

AK,

I agree with the rest! Contact the NRA first regarding your situation. The Illinois FOID card issue is in fact a bunch of BS. For those of you who are not aware of it. If an Illinois resident goes to a gun show for example. They have to show this BS Card before they are allowed to pick a weapon up and look at it! "Yes this is a fact!" Of course what should we expect out of a state that is responsible for Obama, Daley and Blagojevich! Doesn't take a mental giant to figure out it is "Corruption" And the poor Illinois citizens are subjected to this in every area including a FOID Card!
All a part of the continual harassment by the anti gun folks.
They have also been known to follow Illinois citizens to Indiana gun shows in an attempt to arrest them when the returned to Illinois with weapons.
As the security guard in Illinois did someone needs to take them to task on the FOID card issue also. Chicago Politics at it's best! In Chicago and now in Washington as well! Hopefully not for long!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 08-12-2012 at 05:55 AM.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #19

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergus8 View Post
We are getting pretty tired of people saying that. As PPC said, it's just no that easy. Could you just up and move from your state? Besides, last I checked Illinois was still part of the United States and we deserve the same rights as the rest of the country.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #20

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Google.

Illinois gun lawyer. There's a wealth of info.