Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I need help!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default I need help!!

I've been racking my brain for the past couple of hours sifting through MA firearms laws - mostly pertaining to FTF transfers.

My friend let his LTC expire and wants to sell me some of his firearms. The transfer paper work (FA-10) has a section for the sellers LTC/FID card number which will have to be left blank for this transfer. I asked a local dealer and they said it shouldn't be a problem, which is what I was thinking. Since I don't trust many people with legal advise (including some local LEOs) I'm trying to figure it out on my own.

I literally feel my frontal lobe expanding so I'm going to give it a break and watch some baseball while (I hope) one of you brave soles takes a crack at it.

I think I found what I'm looking for, I just want a translation or what your interpretation is.

EDIT: My friend is a law abiding citizen and I can assure you these firearms were in his possession legally and they have not been used in a crime.

Quote:
[ Text of section effective until November 4, 2010. For text effective November 4, 2010, see below.]

Section 128A. The provisions of section one hundred and twenty-eight shall not apply to any person who, without being licensed as provided in section one hundred and twenty-two, sells or transfers a firearm, rifle or shotgun to a person licensed under said section one hundred and twenty-two, or to a federally licensed firearms dealer or to a federal, state or local historical society, museum or institutional collection open to the public. The provisions of section one hundred and twenty-eight shall not apply to any resident of the commonwealth who, without being licensed as provided in section one hundred and twenty-two, sells or transfers to other than a federally licensed firearms dealer or organization named above not more than four firearms, including rifles and shotguns in any one calendar year; provided, however, that the seller has a firearm identification card or a license to carry firearms, is an exempt person under the conditions of clauses (n), (o), (r) and (s) of the fourth paragraph of section one hundred and twenty-nine C, or is permitted to transfer ownership under the conditions of section one hundred and twenty-nine D and the purchaser has, in the case of sale or transfer of a firearm, a permit to purchase issued under the provisions of section one hundred and thirty-one A and a firearm identification card issued under section one hundred and twenty-nine B, or has such permit to purchase and is an exempt person under the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine C, or has been issued a license to carry firearms under the provisions of section one hundred and thirty, or in the case of sale or transfer of a rifle or shotgun, the purchaser has a firearm identification card or a license to carry firearms or is an exempt person as hereinbefore stated; and provided, further, that such resident reports within seven days, in writing to the executive director of the criminal history systems board on forms furnished by said executive director, the names and addresses of the seller and the purchaser of any such large capacity feeding device, firearm, rifle or shotgun, together with a complete description of the firearm, rifle or shotgun, including its designation as a large capacity weapon, if applicable, the calibre, make and serial number and the purchaser's license to carry firearms number, permit to purchase number and identifying number of such documentation as is used to establish exempt person status in the case of a firearm or the purchaser's license to carry number or firearm identification card number or said document identity number, in the case of a rifle or shotgun.
Quote:
Chapter 140: Section 128A. Application of Sec. 128

[ Text of section as amended by 2010, 256, Sec. 91 effective November 4, 2010. For text effective until November 4, 2010, see above.]

Section 128A. The provisions of section one hundred and twenty-eight shall not apply to any person who, without being licensed as provided in section one hundred and twenty-two, sells or transfers a firearm, rifle or shotgun to a person licensed under said section one hundred and twenty-two, or to a federally licensed firearms dealer or to a federal, state or local historical society, museum or institutional collection open to the public. The provisions of section one hundred and twenty-eight shall not apply to any resident of the commonwealth who, without being licensed as provided in section one hundred and twenty-two, sells or transfers to other than a federally licensed firearms dealer or organization named above not more than four firearms, including rifles and shotguns in any one calendar year; provided, however, that the seller has a firearm identification card or a license to carry firearms, is an exempt person under the conditions of clauses (n), (o), (r) and (s) of the fourth paragraph of section one hundred and twenty-nine C, or is permitted to transfer ownership under the conditions of section one hundred and twenty-nine D and the purchaser has, in the case of sale or transfer of a firearm, a permit to purchase issued under the provisions of section one hundred and thirty-one A and a firearm identification card issued under section one hundred and twenty-nine B, or has such permit to purchase and is an exempt person under the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine C, or has been issued a license to carry firearms under the provisions of section one hundred and thirty, or in the case of sale or transfer of a rifle or shotgun, the purchaser has a firearm identification card or a license to carry firearms or is an exempt person as hereinbefore stated; and provided, further, that such resident reports within seven days, in writing to the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services on forms furnished by said executive director, the names and addresses of the seller and the purchaser of any such large capacity feeding device, firearm, rifle or shotgun, together with a complete description of the firearm, rifle or shotgun, including its designation as a large capacity weapon, if applicable, the calibre, make and serial number and the purchaser's license to carry firearms number, permit to purchase number and identifying number of such documentation as is used to establish exempt person status in the case of a firearm or the purchaser's license to carry number or firearm identification card number or said document identity number, in the case of a rifle or shotgun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Last edited by dnthmn2004; 04-09-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Thanks...Now I have a headache!

Good luck bro

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 04-09-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2285 Times on 1365 Posts
Likes Given: 1064

I'm kinda glad I live in Florida now.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 04-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

LOL. I don't need sympathy, I need answers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!