Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I NEED a good lawyer.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #61
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19873 Times on 11288 Posts
Likes Given: 50109

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrhodes1110 View Post
Was gonna delete my account cause of a couple trolls, but I'll let you see what I find. Waiting to talk to my old Constitutional Law teacher and see what she says, if this went to court it really would be a complex case. Involving a bunch of factors and tests that would decide whether it was legal or not. When it comes down to it a judge would end up looking at the Totality of Circumstances and relative case law. I'd like to stress cause people seem to think I chose to walk into town with my gun, not so, it was my quickest way home after getting ditched without a cell phone at the range.
you need to be very careful who you are calling a troll partner! personally at this point i really don't give a rat's azz what you do. the facts and truth have been pointed out, but you still want to make a court case, then by all means do so. it's your right and your money, so go for it.

you feel you aren't getting support from the gun community. most of us just don't happen to support stupidity or lack of common sense, and that's irregardless of who it is. if i thought the officer was out of line with the way he treated you, i would have said so loud and clearly. he didn't. he did his job.

you might want to learn some manners and get a little thicker skin if you want to remain here on this forum. many of us call it the way we see it and if that hurts your feelings, then get over it. we aren't here to coddle you or make you feel all warm and fuzzy. you post a thread and we reply as to what's posted, and sometimes very bluntly but honestly. IMO, you acted irresponsibly and the officer did his job in a professional manner. and calling members here trolls simply because they replied honestly is not going to win you many friends here on this forum. i know of several forums that would have already bounced you!

in the immortal words of John Wayne, "life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid"
Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #62

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrhodes1110 View Post
I was recently stopped, disarmed, questioned, and searched by police for the sole reason that I was carrying a rifle on my back. I broke no laws and was driven home by the police.
This is a clear violation of what is considered justified Terry search. Does anyone know any aggressive civil liberties attorneys that would want to take up a case like this?
I live in Vermont and have called multiple law offices with no luck, people don't even know where to point me.
No offense OP, but if you were carryin this rifle just for the sake of carryin it, you were asking for it. I hope you weren't trying to just get a rise of people and provoke an encounter....

Old 02-28-2013, 06:06 AM   #63

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Naw, went shooting, was supposed to have a ride home. I never wanted to walk with my rifle cause I knew this would happen.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #64

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I think u need new friends??

spit hell fire

People Like This 
Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #65

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock
I think u need new friends??
/your own car and a cell phone.
People Like This 
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #66
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6746 Times on 4075 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

I am closing this thread. It is going downhill.

Chris, you received the the advice you needed. Call the NRA for a lawyer if you feel you need one. Also, if you want to post further proof you were entered into a data base or your stop appears in the paper under 'police reports', post it in a new thread.

Closed Thread