I NEED a good lawyer. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I NEED a good lawyer.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 897 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Once again, the anti 2A's come out in force

What part of "shall not be infringed" do people have trouble understanding?

OP, why don't you have a 2A attorney's phone number on speed dial? If you're going to carry, you better be prepared to deal with it. another source for an attorney would be second amendment foundation.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #42

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrhodes1110 View Post
I was recently stopped, disarmed, questioned, and searched by police for the sole reason that I was carrying a rifle on my back. I broke no laws and was driven home by the police.
This is a clear violation of what is considered justified Terry search. Does anyone know any aggressive civil liberties attorneys that would want to take up a case like this?
I live in Vermont and have called multiple law offices with no luck, people don't even know where to point me.
Go to the NRA web site. I thought that VT only had 1 gun law. % rounds to a magazine during hunting season. You don't need a license to carry a gun. Just go to court and and tell the judge that the search was against the state Constitution and get you gun back.

Why Would I Be Paranoid, I'm the One With The Gun.

"Just a man and his jug settling an old fued"
-Me-

Old 02-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #43

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

buy a gun case

Old 02-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #44
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
Go to the NRA web site. I thought that VT only had 1 gun law. % rounds to a magazine during hunting season. You don't need a license to carry a gun. Just go to court and and tell the judge that the search was against the state Constitution and get you gun back.
his gun wasn't confiscated. it was returned to him when the officer gave him a ride home.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:40 AM   #45

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I really don't see anything wrong with what the officer did. Did he make a police report? Did you get a copy of the police report if he did? Have you seen your name in the news since this has happened? Also, in terry vs. Ohio they found that it was legal for the officer to ask them questions and secure their weapons. He didn't charge you with a crime, gave you a ride home, and gave your weapon back to you after the free ride home. What's the problem? I would have thanked him for the ride, and went on about my day.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:53 AM   #46
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1088 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Once again, the anti 2A's come out in force

What part of "shall not be infringed" do people have trouble understanding?

OP, why don't you have a 2A attorney's phone number on speed dial? If you're going to carry, you better be prepared to deal with it. another source for an attorney would be second amendment foundation.

This is not Switzerland,

Where lots of people open carry in public places.

Open carry in our culture, in 2013, is not a prudent thing to do.

Walking around with an exposed rifle in this climate is a problem, not a solution (protest) or a right any prudent citizen would want to exercise.

I 100% support the 2nd Amendment. I own 5 AR's, and lots of other guns, and my privilege under the Second Amendment erodes just a little, anytime anyone uses a gun, for good or bad, that throws a question on their ownership by free people.

Part of the freedoms we have, is not using those freedoms in a aberrant fashion. The guy that walked around in the shopping mall, because he wanted to show his Second Amend rights, took a little cement away from the stone that protects the Second Amendment.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:55 AM   #47

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

To be honest, I don't know where you are from, but in Vermont it is not that uncommon to see someone with a rifle or shotgun walking down the road, especially during hunting season (which it still is). I'm not the first person to walk down the road in my town with a gun, and I most certainly won't be the last. This isn't New York or California lol.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #48
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrhodes1110
To be honest, I don't know where you are from, but in Vermont it is not that uncommon to see someone with a rifle or shotgun walking down the road, especially during hunting season (which it still is). I'm not the first person to walk down the road in my town with a gun, and I most certainly won't be the last. This isn't New York or California lol.
Open carry is kind of normal in Vermont and New Hampshire.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 02-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #49
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1088 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Video at 11!

I am sure the police rolled up on this forum member with his AK over his shoulder, as he walked along the street. I hope that video never reaches CNN, because that will look bad for all of us.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:04 AM   #50
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrhodes1110 View Post
simple. many of reside where common sense prevails. they don't sell it but it would do you much more good in the long run than an attorney. just because soething is legal, doesn't mean it's the smart move or the prudent one.

you came here and expected sympathy or responses that appealed to you, didn't you? well grow up and put your big girl panties on and look at the bright side. you didn't get arrested, right? you didn't go to jail, right? you got a ride home, right? and you got your rifle back, right? so what's the problem?

you were walking down the street with a rifle. what did you expect? a parade in your honor for exercising your rights? Jesus H. Christ on a crutch! you're acting like you got thrown to the ground, handcuffed, strip searched and all your property conficated! none of which happened, did it?
Closed Thread