I just have one question.........

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I just have one question.........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Question I just have one question.........

Of those,on either side of the imaginary political isle "left or right",who support "gun control" by endorsing any of the facets of it- from prohibited possessors and background checks to regulations on "scary weapons" and magazine restrictions,registration,etc etc.

Just one question,if you please.

How do you suppose anything GOOD can come of a practice so steeped in EVIL?

From laws used to support slavery,to plagiarized Nazi laws used to literally disarm those they then systematically marched to gas chambers,I think you people need to justify your positions.

History is absolutely full of the evil uses of "gun control" by tyrants who have enslaved and outright murdered huge numbers of people.

What makes you think that somehow modern day America is different,that our experimentations with laws historically abused by evil tyrants can be any different?

Justify yourselves in the face of history.

Justify yourselves in the face of all that the policy of "gun control" has enabled to murder.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #2

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
What makes you think that somehow modern day America is different,that our experimentations with laws historically abused by evil tyrants can be any different?
it's the same rational that is used by elitists all the time - they think they know better than our founding fathers They have studied "utopia" in school and therefore believe that they can implement one ... if only the people would submit to it

Ignorance is bliss they say? Ignorance of history is dangerous

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Old 07-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #3

What baffles me are the supposed conservative pro-2A types who support laws disarming "criminals",even tho the "prohibited possessors" list not only comes from laws a nation their fathers and grandfathers had to fight in WW2,but was also enacted by a totally left wing government under LBJ..........

Wouldn't it be smarter to argue that its best to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people by ending the liberal policy of releasing such people from prison after they've been "rehabilitated"?

Why acquiesce to liberal ideology and become party to the evils of "gun control"?

And liberals- aren't you supposed to be all "civil rights" and "equal" and "tolerant" and stuff?

How do you justify your support of laws that have their history,in America,in depriving black people of their rights?

You ask me?

Hypocrisy seems to be more a value of both of these "sides" then anything else,with big government and tyrannical laws seeming to be the common ground.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 07-29-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5949 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 5515

Gun control isn't about guns. It's people control!

Winston Churchill
KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Old 07-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

I've heard it be told that a liberal is just a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet.
Any truth to that?

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #6

I don't know dude.

I do think that neocons and libtards have more in common then they like to admit tho.

-Mahatma Gandhi

III%
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

We learn from history we don't learn from history. -Hegel

That is a must-watch video. Thanks for posting it.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #8

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

I haven't watched the video yet but will when time allows, thanks for posting it.

So far your thread has yet to be graced by a liberal to defend gun control. It will be interesting to see if that happens. My mind has changed on a few things over the years but my core beliefs have not. What has changed for me is my basic understanding of why elected officials, and others for that matter, want to impose their way of thinking on us. Early in my life I was as opposed to gun control and I am today but it was more of a selfish reason if you could call it that. I wanted my guns and you were wrong to try to take them.

Today, however, there is way more to it than just that. History and a better understanding of the minds of the Founders has taught me things. Freedom being foremost. Owning a firearm greatly increases my chances against an opponent that wants to deny me of something. Suppose I have to use a firearm to defend my life, home or family and I fail. I have done my best and am likely dead. Well at the least I died free. Now on the other hand had I not been armed my attackers would be free to do as they please. A good example of this is a POW and the treatment they endure at the hand of an oppressor. My general view of gun control advocates is along the lines of this. These people seek to disarm me so they can tell my what to do and when to do it. That's not freedom.

To me liberalism has deep roots in evil ways. There is nothing good about it and it is to be resisted at every turn.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

As to liberalism, I restate what conservative radio host Jim Quinn always has contended and is completely true:

"Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of it's stated intent."

'Nuff said.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5949 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 5515

A liberal believes that no man can care for himself withour societal assistance..

A conservtive believes that, left alone to pursue his goals, he will not only succeed, but have enough left over to help his family and neighbor succeed.

Winston Churchill
People Like This