I just got "delayed". Advice? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I just got "delayed". Advice?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 12:53 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The 1st time I went to purchase a firearm, I too was "delayed."

My problem was, I did not fill out my SSN; I over looked it. I geuss it's not mantadory to include your SSN? I wish the FLL would have pointed out that I forgot to fill in the info.

Anyway, I geuss they had to check me out via my DL# and name. My name is very common "John Wagner III" and having a suffix did not hurry things along.

Mossberd 500...

Beretta 96...

Smith & Wesson M&P15T...

Old 08-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #12

I have been delayed three times, but in between those delays have purchased guns without delays. No one seems to be able to tell me why. "They" always say the FFL holder will get a call back but it never comes so I expect to wait a couple days then pick it up.
Interestingly, I went to buy a cell phone and was DENIED, for a frikkin' cell phone! The guy said my SSN didn't match my name and DOB? Funny, I had a secret clearance in the service and have had numerous background checks done and it was never an issue. I guess US Celluar has better security procedures than the government.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 08-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8686 Times on 3760 Posts
Likes Given: 1334

JWIII, some time back was involved in construction at an Amrican Indian reservation out west. Govt inspector had impressive name, something like
Cranston Julian Whippenpoof III. The locals decided his name was Julie Three Sticks. Try getting THAT thru the Insta-Check system!

I really do feel sorry for co-worker- young man, 3rd generation American, common arabic first and last name, and is on EVERYBODY'S "no fly-no buy" lists- and HE is not the bad guy.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:21 AM   #14

Default any ID issues must be chased down immediately

i am no expert or dealer, but if you got delayed,you should definitely check it out, todays data bases of info on people is staggering and something could be wrong that might be something simple like a traffic violation, credit history glitch, ID theft, etc.. The Patriot Act a necessary evil (post9-11), and a screw up somewhere might have been a source of trouble for you.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:53 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench View Post
..... The Patriot Act a necessary evil (post9-11), and a screw up somewhere might have been a source of trouble for you.
Do you truly believe this about the Patriot Act? Have you read any of it? Do you know that it's primary author, John Ashcroft, resigned after being besieged by thousands of local leaders who pointedly called attention to the great amount of unconstitutional content he included?

One of the most Un-American laws ever passed, and you like it??

Old 08-19-2008, 03:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
I just went to pick up a rifle I ordered. Thee FFL holder called NCIS and they told him that I was delayed? This hasn't happened before. Should I be concerned?
The Delay How many days has it been?