I have a question about getting a F.F.L.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I have a question about getting a F.F.L.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I have a question about getting a F.F.L.

Im wanting to get my FFL and what I want to do is just open a online store and do gunbroker.com and other online bid sites. But what I have read is you have to have a physical store. So is that true do I have to have a store or can I just make me a website and use that as my store and gunbroker stuff like that plz somebody can you answer this for me.

Thanks,Cody

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9150 Times on 3952 Posts
Likes Given: 1427

You must have a physical location, and you must have stated hours of operation- and you must be in compliance with state and local law. But just what does that mean?

first, it means that zoning laws must permit you to run a business at the address you chose. It CAN be your home IF zoning allows. You must have business hours. That can be Saturday from 1-3.

And of course, you must intend to "engage in the business."
An 01 Dealer's FFL will not be issued to support a hobby.

And where ARE my manners! First post!

Welcome- glad you found us. When you get a minute, drop by the intro thread and say howdy!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 08-18-2013 at 10:19 AM.
TekGreg Likes This