i have legal questions - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > i have legal questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
We have a person who's sole job it is to clear up these ID theft issues. This can happen if an officer is too busy or too lazy to check. If I stop someone who has no ID, I can check by name and Date of Birth, but I am going to ask a number of questions in an attempt to confirm the ID.

I have Texas DL photo access. I get officers all the time asing for a DL photo. I run what they have and forward the DL pic via message or e-mail so they can confirm ID on the spot.
See thats what i thought, theyre sisters but they dont look alike. Its really frustrating. We found out today after i dropped off the mustang to get fixed. Looks like it will wait a little longer.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #12

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I would assume most police departments have someone working online all the time. One of our deputies was injured to badly to go on patrol. He is responsible for more arrests than any other deputy. He does pistol purchase and concealed carry permits. When he gets those done he checks craigslist for stolen property and works on other cyber crimes. Franklin county, NC only has 25 full time deputies.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
We have a person who's sole job it is to clear up these ID theft issues. This can happen if an officer is too busy or too lazy to check. If I stop someone who has no ID, I can check by name and Date of Birth, but I am going to ask a number of questions in an attempt to confirm the ID.

I have Texas DL photo access. I get officers all the time asing for a DL photo. I run what they have and forward the DL pic via message or e-mail so they can confirm ID on the spot.
See thats what i thought, theyre sisters but they dont look alike. Its really frustrating. We found out today after i dropped off the mustang to get fixed. Looks like it will wait a little longer.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #14

Liked 1353 Times on 831 Posts
Likes Given: 314

If your girlfriend found out about the warrents from the mail, then she must have ignored previous letters informing her of the tickets. It would have been far easier to deal with before it became a warrant issue.

Until you get a lawyer, I would suggest that she doesn't drive...........

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 846 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 181

She needs to lawyer up...

Having said that, and I don't mean to insult her or you, but do you have the complete story?

Old 11-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
If your girlfriend found out about the warrents from the mail, then she must have ignored previous letters informing her of the tickets. It would have been far easier to deal with before it became a warrant issue.

Until you get a lawyer, I would suggest that she doesn't drive...........
Didnt find out thru the mail, she got pulled over in front of the house and i told the sherief he really cant do anything cause the keys were out of the ignition and she was in front of our residence. He informed her of the warrents

Old 11-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
She needs to lawyer up...

Having said that, and I don't mean to insult her or you, but do you have the complete story?
No they wont tell us, they told us an address but wont tell us what that person was driving. The tickets were for no dl and insurance, which she has both

Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 AM   #18
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2091 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 755

Definitely time to lawyer up.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA