I apologize

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I apologize

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default I apologize

A few folks posted a while back about the U.N. small arms treaty talks that are ramping up right now and I dismissed the concerns over a treaty superseding the constitution because the Supreme Court has always nullified treaties that do that.

Today, all bets are off. Nothing is impossible, and it's very possible - and even probable - that the current crop of SC Jurists would go along with mandatory registration, high taxes on firearms and ammo, and anything else you can think of and still call it "constitutional".

So to those I may have offended by being dismissive of your concerns, I'm sorry. I hadn't yet lost complete faith in our government.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #2

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Its ok buddy, we are here for you :-D

Would you like a beer as we sit back and watch it burn itself to the ground?

*Rule(s) of the Club: Never say never and always expect the unexpected*

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

No need to apologize. No offense taken. I wish you were right. Keep the faith If you can.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Last edited by mountainman13; 07-02-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2564 Times on 1252 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

bkt,

No need here either! We can always agree to disagree being good members here! And I too wish you had been correct with the initial thought. We will just need to ban together and stand up for Freedom and the Constitution no matter what the cost! Freedom has never came cheap and without a cost.
We must vote in November for those who support our Constitution no matter who they are. Take Care!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #5

Liked 718 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 231

We can't complain about you as you are taking us all in when the SHTF. I don't know what you have for supplies but I'm a meat & potatoes guy.
The last 6 months seem to have the USA falling apart faster and faster. Now it looks like there is going to be a "little" war with Syria. If ever the government or UN try to disarm Americans there will for sure be a war here.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
... I hadn't yet lost complete faith in our government.
You will be much less frequently disappointed now, congratulations. They say once you relax, all you will feel is a slight pressure.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall
We can't complain about you as you are taking us all in when the SHTF. I don't know what you have for supplies but I'm a meat & potatoes guy.
The last 6 months seem to have the USA falling apart faster and faster. Now it looks like there is going to be a "little" war with Syria. If ever the government or UN try to disarm Americans there will for sure be a war here.
Naw, just tax the stupid Americans until they cant afford ammo or guns anymore....maybe even a special federal owners tax on firearms? >:-D

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 07-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
You will be much less frequently disappointed now, congratulations. They say once you relax, all you will feel is a slight pressure.

Thats wrong! Lol

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 07-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #9

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

I hear KY helps.....

Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

I hear KY helps.....
That's wrong, but hilarious!!