Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   I apologize (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/i-apologize-67500/)

bkt 07-02-2012 07:16 PM

I apologize

A few folks posted a while back about the U.N. small arms treaty talks that are ramping up right now and I dismissed the concerns over a treaty superseding the constitution because the Supreme Court has always nullified treaties that do that.

Today, all bets are off. Nothing is impossible, and it's very possible - and even probable - that the current crop of SC Jurists would go along with mandatory registration, high taxes on firearms and ammo, and anything else you can think of and still call it "constitutional".

So to those I may have offended by being dismissive of your concerns, I'm sorry. I hadn't yet lost complete faith in our government.

BigByrd47119 07-02-2012 07:42 PM

Its ok buddy, we are here for you :-D

Would you like a beer as we sit back and watch it burn itself to the ground?

*Rule(s) of the Club: Never say never and always expect the unexpected*

mountainman13 07-02-2012 07:56 PM

No need to apologize. No offense taken. I wish you were right. Keep the faith If you can.

Sniper03 07-02-2012 08:04 PM

bkt,

No need here either! We can always agree to disagree being good members here! And I too wish you had been correct with the initial thought. We will just need to ban together and stand up for Freedom and the Constitution no matter what the cost! Freedom has never came cheap and without a cost.
We must vote in November for those who support our Constitution no matter who they are. Take Care!:)

hiwall 07-02-2012 08:25 PM

We can't complain about you as you are taking us all in when the SHTF. I don't know what you have for supplies but I'm a meat & potatoes guy. :)
The last 6 months seem to have the USA falling apart faster and faster. Now it looks like there is going to be a "little" war with Syria. If ever the government or UN try to disarm Americans there will for sure be a war here.

orangello 07-02-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 856608)
... I hadn't yet lost complete faith in our government.

You will be much less frequently disappointed now, congratulations. They say once you relax, all you will feel is a slight pressure.

:p

BigByrd47119 07-02-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiwall
We can't complain about you as you are taking us all in when the SHTF. I don't know what you have for supplies but I'm a meat & potatoes guy. :)
The last 6 months seem to have the USA falling apart faster and faster. Now it looks like there is going to be a "little" war with Syria. If ever the government or UN try to disarm Americans there will for sure be a war here.

Naw, just tax the stupid Americans until they cant afford ammo or guns anymore....maybe even a special federal owners tax on firearms? >:-D

BigByrd47119 07-02-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello
You will be much less frequently disappointed now, congratulations. They say once you relax, all you will feel is a slight pressure.

Thats wrong! Lol

Bear304inc 07-02-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello

I hear KY helps.....

Zombiegirl 07-02-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear304inc

I hear KY helps.....

That's wrong, but hilarious!!