I am dropping... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I am dropping...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

I agree with SOME of what you wrote cotton top. I am seeing and hearing things coming from the executive leadership over there and some of it blows my mind. I know what they are trying to accomplish....but some of it is also backfiring big time and the media is having a field day with it.

They ARE the strongest voice in support of 2A so like people said above, you have to just roll with it for now. I also did not renew my NRA membership because I simply dont know what direction they are headed next....

Its a double edged sword man.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I dropped my membership when Obama was re-elected. That to me was proof enough that the NRA and its members had lost their effectiveness. I threw away my 2012 NRA challenge coin.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #13

Default nra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post

Oh, I like this. Resorting to name calling; the most primitive form of defense mechanism. Thanks. You are helping to prove my point.
CT

eldarbeast Likes This 
Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #14

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Oh, I like this. Resorting to name calling; the most primitive form of defense mechanism. Thanks. You are helping to prove my point.
CT
which is ... that the NRA isn't catering to your reloading and hunting priorities? that you feel the current climate regarding gun control is blown out of proportion?

New flash ... did you miss the actions of NY's Gov Cuomo last Tuesday? Or were you too busy concerning yourself with duck season? If Gov Cuomo had his way ... that shotgun of yours would have been banned ... and confiscated!

But you're right ... let's all sing hymns and hold hands in celebration that they allowed you to keep your shotgun and 7 rnd limit

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

cottontop Likes This 
Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #15
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

This snack mix is crazy salty! Who eats that much salt?!

Old 01-22-2013, 11:54 PM   #16
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD View Post
This snack mix is crazy salty! Who eats that much salt?!
These pretzels are making me thirsty. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

CT, our gun rights are an issue that is under attack and has been for years. every gun control law, restriction or ban is an infringement on our gun rights and the 2nd amendment.

we have to remain vigilant or they will take more and more until we have no gun rights left. the NRA is the largest organization that has any real political clout to battle for our gun rights. is the NRA not without it's faults? not hardly. any organization it's size will have problems, but it also is fighting for our rights, everyday.

it would be nice if we lived in a perfect world where we had a government administration that was serving us rather than vice versa, if all we had to use our firearms for recreation and hunting, if everyone lived in harmaony and there were no wars and fighting. but that world just doesn't exist. the very actions and comments made by the media and our own government lead me to believe that they do not serve us, nor have they for many years. our country is in one huge mess and getting worse.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #18

Liked 3858 Times on 1863 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Yeah... I didn't join the NRA because THEY scared me, or because THEIR leadership sent me "spooooooky fear messages."

I joined the NRA, because as we speak, there is legislation, laws, people, politicians, and morons who would want NOTHING MORE than to take every gun I have, if not severely restrict what I own.

People in politics who view me as a threat to this country, and wouldn't shed one tear if I got locked away for 10 years in a federal prison, for owning an AR-15.

You sir, are entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to the facts. And the facts are, the NRA uses my, and every one else's money, to stand up for us gun owners, when others would like to see us gone.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 AM   #19

Liked 3858 Times on 1863 Posts
Likes Given: 701

But hey...no one's going to stop you from hunting, right?.....

http://www.vpc.org/studies/sniper.htm

Gun industry excesses, as exemplified by the sniper rifle, can best be controlled by comprehensive regulation of the firearms industry�virtually the only industry now exempt from consumer health and safety laws. In the absence of overall regulation, the Violence Policy Center proposes the following strategy for dealing with the deadly consequences that are certain to follow this cynical gun industry marketing campaign.

Bring heavy and intermediate sniper rifles under the control of the National Firearms Act.
Evaluate an import ban on sniper rifles.
Improve reporting and record-keeping requirements.
Use the civil justice system to hold manufacturers accountable.
Ban the sale of armor-piercing ammunition

Whoopsie.......... .17HMR can pierce bullet proof vests....

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #20
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 852 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 383

CT its unfortunate you didn't take the time to get a degree in common sense! Mountainman a flatlander who works in a gun shop in the commie state of Massachusetts does not understand the value of an NRA membership! Yikes as the man said somethings can't be fixed!!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

cottontop Likes This 
Closed Thread