I am dropping... - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I am dropping...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Well said drum junkie.

I was frustrated with the constant phone calls. I told them to stop or I would drop. They stopped immediately. Each week I can read or throw the 3 pieces of mail away as I see fit. They need a way to communicate to members.

When the pressure is on like it is currently, they are the voice we need. They are doing an 80% job of defending our rights. No other organization is as strong. The NRA could benefit by gaining a spokes person who has achieved credibility outside the organization. Another Charlton Heston. Someone that can go toe to toe with the media and political monkeys, without the unfortunate stereotyping we experience today. Sorry Wayne and Uncle Ted, but we need additional help.

Now is not the time to vote independent. We have to back someone that can win for us. We cannot stand divided.

For this reason I upgraded to a lifetime member.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #92

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Trip, I like your quote.... So for you, I present.... Jordan's edge.

Well. I should take that back... I'm standing on Jordan's edge, looking towards Egypt. but trust me, they look the same.
dsc01859.jpg   dsc01896.jpg  

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1509 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
sooo your saying democrats arent actively campaigning to strip second ammendment rights away?? the state of new york didnt really ban ownership of firearms??
Some democrats are are actively trying to strip the second amendment. We have a lot more blue dog democrats than you realize. Even Bill Clinton has come out and said an assault weapons ban would be suicidal for the Democratic party. You have a handful of vocal and powerful democrats who are anti gun. The rest of the Democrats are concerned with being reelected. Only the Democrats from fantasy land with a huge liberal base can vote for gun control and be reelected. Here in NC we have Kay Hagen who thought she could get enough liberals to support her has flipped and started voting the pro NRA agenda.

The NRA is supported by the weapons industry. they are paid to keep us all in a panic. all we can do is pay our dues and look through the bull manure. like it or not the NRA is the only organization with the political clout to protect our rights. other groups will gain power but it's going to take time.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #94

Default nra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
CT its unfortunate you didn't take the time to get a degree in common sense! Mountainman a flatlander who works in a gun shop in the commie state of Massachusetts does not understand the value of an NRA membership! Yikes as the man said somethings can't be fixed!!

I believe you are quoting Ron White? Ron said he had a GED, and if you don't know what that stands for, then you've probably got one too.
CT

Old 01-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #95

Default Teachers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
An English Teacher what an F'ng joke. No idiot I am a Senior Engineer in Oil & Gas and part owner of a trucking operation. English teachers worn out cheap suites and you pick on little kids.
The reason people become English teachers and not engineers? Words have no moving parts.

By the way you write, it looks like you didn't pay much attention to your English teachers. BTW, who do you think wrote all of those manuals for the machines you work with? It was English majors. If you say, no it was engineers who wrote the manuals; then who do you think taught the engineers how to write? English teachers.
You are wrong about words my friend. Words not only have moving parts, they can move mountains, they can divide countries, and I could go on and on. Without words AND their proper use I might add, the human race would still be in a primitive state.
CT

Last edited by cottontop; 01-23-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #96

Default anti gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
CT you are right we have been lied to. Obama said he did not want to disarm the American Public? The Democratic Party and their allies are pushing for removal of the "Obsolete" 2 nd A.
When has any president campaigned to dismantel the Bill Of Rights? The NRA is the only Orig. that stands in his way. With the help of antigun people such as you our NRA membership will hit 5 million very soon.

Please read again my original post. I am not anti gun. I own and cherish several guns, and some very nice custom ones I might add. And I shoot at the local range every week working up reloads. I AM anti NRA for the reasons I have explained. If you need some reading and/or writing tutoring, I can help you.
CT

Old 01-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-BOLT View Post
For any elected official or organization that might be following this thread. I am a NRA member and my family, many co-workers, and buddies will vote right down the line with NRA recommendations! I do not throw my NRA publications away, I SHARE them!!

So you don't think for yourself? That's exactly what the nra wants. Good luck to you when you are lead away with the other sheep.
CT

Old 01-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2733 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I believe you are quoting Ron White? Ron said he had a GED, and if you don't know what that stands for, then you've probably got one too.
CT
Quote:
By the way you write, it looks like you didn't pay much attention to your English teachers. BTW, who do you think wrote all of those manuals for the machines you work with? It was English majors. If you say, no it was engineers who wrote the manuals; then who do you think taught the engineers how to write? English teachers.
You are wrong about words my friend. Words not only have moving parts, they can move mountains, they can divide countries, and I could go on and on. Without words AND their proper use I might add, the human race would still be in a primitive state.
CT
Quote:
So you don't think for yourself? That's exactly what the nra wants. Good luck to you when you are lead away with the other sheep.
CT
Is it your intent to sound like a condescending, pompous know-it-all?
If yes, well done.
If no, you might wish to dial it back some.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #99
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1509 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 528

Quote:
CT
So you have time to keep up with every hair brained piece of legislation that some idiot writes in DC? You can make informed voting decisions by consuming the manure both sides of the media try to feed us? You are a better man than I am. I can count on the NRA to tell me if a politician is gun friendly. I need this information to make good votes. I am not counting on the Blaze, Fox News, NBC, ABC or any other media outlet to guide me. The media doesn't even make sure things are true anymore. If it looks like it will draw viewers/readers they are going to report it.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The NRA is flawed. However, it's also the 800 pound gorilla in the room when it comes to the Second Amendment.

I am a member of the GOA and the Oregon Firearms Federation as well. I am a member of the Calguns Foundation, but will let my membership drop once it expires since we have moved to Oregon. The GOA is an excellent organization, but it doesn't have the clout of the NRA yet. I'm a member of the statewide organizations because it's imperative to hold state as well as federal officials' feet to the fire.

I suggest that at the very least you consider joining a statewide pro 2A organization.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Closed Thread