I am dropping...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I am dropping...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #1

Default I am dropping...

I am dropping my NRA membership. More specifically, when it runs out, which should be soon, I will not renew it. I just received the new issue of the American Rifleman and it is filled with nothing but propaganda, most of which is not true. I don't want to read that crap. In the whole issue there is not one decent article about reloading varmint and/or hunting rounds. There is not one article about sporting rifles. I am done with them. The NRA is the problem. They are creating fear and paranoia in gullible gunowners. The garbage they are spewing out is just not true. Intelligent people in the know look at them as being a big joke and their administrators are as ignorant as a pile of rocks when it comes to knowning the real issues. They are not lobbyists, they are terrorists.
CT

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5669 Times on 2961 Posts
Likes Given: 375

sooo your saying democrats arent actively campaigning to strip second ammendment rights away?? the state of new york didnt really ban ownership of firearms??

for the next four years at least we got bigger issues than the next recipe for a varmint bullet. the single best means of stopping the gun grabs and loss of our constitutional rights at the moment is the NRA and GOA. the second ammendment is NOT about hunting or hunting rifles or duck hunting shotguns. its about retaining the ability of the people of this nation to be armed with similar weapons in common use around the world so that we can stop a tyranical govt from taking this nation over.

cant happen?? it happened in germany. no one thought hitler was a bad guy until he started executing people. FDR himself had sent many well wishes and congratualtions to hitler when he became chancellor.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 01-22-2013 at 10:22 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #3

Liked 64 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
sooo your saying democrats arent actively campaigning to strip second ammendment rights away?? the state of new york didnt really ban ownership of firearms??

for the next four years at least we got bigger issues than the next recipe for a varmint bullet. the single best means of stopping the gun grabs and loss of our constitutional rights at the moment is the NRA and GOA. the second ammendment is NOT about hunting or hunting rifles or duck hunting shotguns. its about retaining the ability of the people of this nation to be armed with similar weapons in common use around the world so that we can stop a tyranical govt from taking this nation over.

cant happen?? it happened in germany. no one thought hitler was a bad guy until he started executing people. FDR himself had sent many well wishes and congratualtions to hitler when he became chancellor.
Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #4

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Cotton, it's your money to spend as you see fit. I disagree with you on your take however...

Might you consider joining the GOA or another 2A organization?

Does the NRA spend our money judiciously? Nope, nothing is perfect...

Is the NRA an effective organization? Yup, can't deny that...

Don't like how they are protecting our rights? See you on Capitol Hill...

I hope you will show support to another organization...

Keep in mind, those who do nothing deserve nothing...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

If you need to get to town, and there is no horse, ride the mule.

IOW, they may not be perfect or even alltogether wholesome, but they are the only lobbying/activist group that is being heard speaking up for our 2A rights at the present time.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

1/4 MILLION new NRA members, guns FLYING off the shelves, most stores OUT of AMMO! It's all the NRA's fault

Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #7

Default nra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

Even though I have a Degree in English, I have several minors, one of them is history. Yes I know about your Hitler reference and you are correct on that. Another politician (who ran for president as a 3rd party candidate in the early 1970's) was George Wallace. His campaign was almost exactly a dead ringer copy of what Hitler's was when Hitler was running for chancellor.
One of the reasons I stopped going to church and became an agnostic was because I was tired of a group that I voluntarily joined telling me what to believe and who to vote for. But, I doubt if anyone on this forum gets it.
CT

Last edited by cottontop; 01-22-2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: punctuation

gr8oldguy Likes This 
Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #8

Liked 13 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
If you need to get to town, and there is no horse, ride the mule.

IOW, they may not be perfect or even alltogether wholesome, but they are the only lobbying/activist group that is being heard speaking up for our 2A rights at the present time.
Correct. If the NRA didn't exist we wouldn't have ant 2nd amendment rights at all.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #9

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I am dropping my NRA membership. More specifically, when it runs out, which should be soon, I will not renew it. I just received the new issue of the American Rifleman and it is filled with nothing but propaganda, most of which is not true. I don't want to read that crap. In the whole issue there is not one decent article about reloading varmint and/or hunting rounds. There is not one article about sporting rifles. I am done with them. The NRA is the problem. They are creating fear and paranoia in gullible gunowners. The garbage they are spewing out is just not true. Intelligent people in the know look at them as being a big joke and their administrators are as ignorant as a pile of rocks when it comes to knowning the real issues. They are not lobbyists, they are terrorists.
CT
..... hmm_yes_i_see_youre_a_moron_trollcat.jpg

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #10

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I doubt if the NRA will miss anyone who is only interested in reloading and hunting and nothing about protecting the second amendment.

Closed Thread