Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   I am done with Dick's Sporting Goods (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/i-am-done-dicks-sporting-goods-68458/)

Bigcountry02 07-18-2012 07:06 PM

I am done with Dick's Sporting Goods

I walk into Dick's Sporting Goods to purchase some 22LR Blazer CCI ammo. Well, I purchase some 2 weeks ago and did not have this issue.

On the screen it asked if you are an American Citizen (Yes or No). Then they asked for your birthday.

I got the ammo, should have left it; but, the price was right.

I did voice my opinion.

I am done with them.

winds-of-change 07-18-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 873959)
I walk into Dick's Sporting Goods to purchase some 22LR Blazer CCI ammo. Well, I purchase some 2 weeks ago and did not have this issue.

On the screen it asked if you are an American Citizen (Yes or No). Then they asked for your birthday.

I got the ammo, should have left it; but, the price was right.

I did voice my opinion.

I am done with them.

I'm not sure what made you angry and why. Was it that they asked if you were an American Citizen? And really, anyone can answer "Yes" and would you have to prove it?

Centurian22 07-18-2012 07:20 PM

Not sure what the issue is here? They are confirming your age and your status as a citizen. I have no interest in ammo being sold to anyone underage and CERTAINLY not to any illegals.

silverado113 07-18-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centurian22 (Post 873971)
Not sure what the issue is here? They are confirming your age and your status as a citizen. I have no interest in ammo being sold to anyone underage and CERTAINLY not to any illegals.

You don't have to be a US Citizen to purchase ammo or a firearm.

armed1212 07-18-2012 07:29 PM

I was there the other day and noticed the same thing, had me wondering as well.....

silverado113 07-18-2012 07:32 PM

Bet someone somewhere within the organization sold some ammo to someone the shouldn't have.

Centurian22 07-18-2012 07:34 PM

I know my local Walmart (in Maine) has now started asking about us citizenship, I guess it is company policy. I don't usually favor restrictions of any kind, but when it comes to limiting something to the rampant running illegal immigrant issue, I'm all for it.

Bigcountry02 07-18-2012 07:42 PM

I asked why the addition, no comment or could not answer it.

To me it is more indoctrination, once the implementation of this and slowly more and more features come out.

What is next, they want the serial # of the weapon the ammo is going to be used with?

R-BOLT 07-18-2012 08:00 PM

I got fed up with D.S.G.'s quite a few years ago. The nearest one is a two hour drive from home. Drove there to pick up a .17HMR rifle on the sale flier, none in stock and clerk laughed and stated half the time they don't have the "on sale" firearms in the corporate wide flier. I asked for a rain check and he said he would go get the manager. He went on break instead left me standing there, no manager ever showed up. Came back and very suprised I was still at the counter, coughed up a rain check and told me they would call when the rifle was in. Never got that phone call. I just throw away their flier now without looking at it, could care less what they are selling. They rate a never again in my book.

orangello 07-18-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centurian22 (Post 873979)
I don't usually favor restrictions of any kind, but when it comes to limiting something to the rampant running illegal immigrant issue, I'm all for it.

That, that right there!

I could stomach it if there was a ICE agent at the door to every US Post Office, federal building, courthouse (fed or other), or other publicly-funded facility asking people about their citizenship. It's only polite to let the illegalos know they aren't welcome and are being watched before you toss them out of the country.