Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > I am the Devil's advocate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
What's likely to happen in some locales is they will stretch the subjective term "reasonable" used in the ruling and keep bad gun control laws in place.
They done streched that reasonable BS around here already.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:59 AM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This decision, along with the Obama outrage over Arizona's decision to throw the BS flag and take on the illegalista hordes on their own have forced Americans to realize that Washington serves Washington, and no one else. That the venue was Obama's natal political greenhouse makes it all the sweeter.
We are the "United StateS" of America, not the "United State".

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 07-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well said Gork, I concur, 100%.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #14

Liked 1034 Times on 612 Posts
Likes Given: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
We are the "United StateS" of America, not the "United State".
I agree with you Gork, but aren't we praising the courts recent decision which reduced the power of the StateS to a power held by the State?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Could they try to repeal the 2nd Amendment? Sure. The process is drawn out and difficult. It would require a new Amendment be ratified by 3/4's of the states. I seriously doubt that will happen. Only one Amendment has ever been repealed (the 18th). There have only been 17 Amendments approved (ratified) since the adoption of the Constitution in 1791 (which included the first 10 Amendments, The Bill of Rights).

Over

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #16

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Yunus,(and everyone else)you may find this article enlightening-

2nd Amendment Victory? An Opposing View – Tenth Amendment Center

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 07-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #17
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I agree with you Gork, but aren't we praising the courts recent decision which reduced the power of the StateS to a power held by the State?
In the context of only the first 10 amendments, yes. In the context of 14A, no.

Should a state have the authority to ban all media and internet discussion of a political party or candidate(s)? Most would agree that would be an infringement of 1A and that it is wrong. You can argue two things here. First, if a state did this (and some states DID elevate some religions over others and ban certain publications), the citizens of that state should rise up against their oppressive government and toss them out on their cans; we should not rely on Big Daddy Federal Government to come to the rescue. Second, one could argue that 14A was never legally ratified (it wasn't) and that it and anything based on it is a nullity. Reality being what it is, however, that isn't going to fly.

I take your point: we are applauding a big, central government stepping in and setting rules for states that fall OUTSIDE the body of the Constitution and which rest solely on 14a.

Newest Threads