Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > i am an american

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 172 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
<<<<< Read that.
I've read that before and agree 100%. I have always taught my children, 2 boys ages 12 & 6, the meaning of freedom and how many men and women have fought and died to protect our freedom. I have taught them respect and every evening we have talks about respect or our country or whatever is on our minds. We have discussed the poem by tecumseh in great lengths and I think even my 6 year old understands the basis behind the poem and how you should never trouble anyone over their views or beliefs but never allow someone to disrespect you over yours.
Last night on the way home from basketball practice I asked my 12 year old what the first amendment said, he didn't know, but he did speak up real fast and say that he knew what the second amendment said and it was the most important one because it guaranteed the others. I actually almost cried tears of joy bc I never taught him that, so I think there is still hope for the school systems afterall. We just have to teach him the rest of the ones that the second protects and we will be great!