Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   i am an american (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/i-am-american-81463/)

CaseyChadwell 01-16-2013 03:14 AM

i am an american

I am an American. I am a patriot. I believe in the US constitution. I believe in democracy. I am a father. I believe in a free America. I believe in an oath that I took when I joined the military. I am a man. I am also a father. As a father I took an oath that is not spoken, one that I will honor and one that I take pride in honoring. I will not bow to any man. I will not allow another man to tell me what is best for my family and my children. For I only know what is best for my children because I am their father. Any man that tells me what I can or cannot own and any man that goes against my constitutional rights as an American will become the enemy of a protecting father and patriot of the country that I love more than I love myself.

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest...

texaswoodworker 01-16-2013 03:34 AM

That makes you a terrorist in the eyes of the Government. :(

CaseyChadwell 01-16-2013 03:43 AM

Ya think so? I still think it makes me a father that wants better for his children than he had it. Ithjbk that makes me a patriot. I think that makes me an American. I think I love my country and her principles more than I love myself.

texaswoodworker 01-16-2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell (Post 1095755)
Ya think so? I still think it makes me a father that wants better for his children than he had it. Ithjbk that makes me a patriot. I think that makes me an American. I think I love my country and her principles more than I love myself.

Yep, that makes you a terrorist. ;)

Squawk 01-16-2013 04:22 AM

Don't worry. According to the Feds, Im a terrorist because I believe in the principles that this country was founded on.

Axxe55 01-16-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell (Post 1095755)

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1095805)
Yep, that makes you a terrorist. ;)

yep, you're a terrorist!:eek:

IMO, it makes you a proud American patriot!:D

trip286 01-16-2013 04:29 AM

<<<<< Read that.

DrumJunkie 01-16-2013 04:42 AM

Yup..this place seems chocked full O' terrorists. But, the country was founded by some pretty cool terrorists and defied all odds. Sure hate to see it all go to hell after so many gave so much...

Good for you OP. Now get ready for the inevitable federal cheerleader squad to say things like you are full of some stinky stuff and you should not be so mean to the government, they mean you no harm. They just want to help you.

..Excuse me, I got a little stomach upset typing that...I think I need to lie down.:o

Tackleberry1 01-16-2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1095739)
That makes you a terrorist in the eyes of the Government. :(

It makes him an American Citizen...and history IS written by the Victors...

Should our Government fail to restrain itself, we will restrain it, and our history will leave no doubt about the evil that was thwarted...:cool:

Tack

Balota 01-16-2013 07:31 AM

Analogy: Interstate highways have minimum speed limits. Do you obey that law when there's nothing but glare ice on the road? No. Of course not. You are always ready to slow down when conditions require it, regardless of the minimum speed limit, and regardless of how likely it is that you will need to do so.

Same thing when our government starts down the slippery slope.

They pass a law that says no guns. But reality is we have the right to live (just like driving safely). Living sometimes requires a gun. Not very often, but sometimes. But that is against the law, just like driving too slowly on ice. Do you obey that gun law? No. Of course not. You are always ready to defend yourself when conditions require it, regardless of the gun law, and regardless of how likely it is that you will need to do so.

The difference is that no government agency would try to arrest you for driving too slowly on ice. But they may try to arrest you for being ready to defend yourself. If they do try, they may find out how ready you are.

Are you ready?