Hunters Boycott Colorado over new Gun Laws! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Hunters Boycott Colorado over new Gun Laws!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Here is the Governors a email address and phone number.
Maybe we should let him know why we've canceled out hunting trips.

www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/GovHickenlooper/CBON/1249674240317

Old 03-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #12

Liked 1907 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 1261

This is bittersweet for me. I live and do business in Colorado. I am obviously pro-gun. But I am in the hotel business. I work with several large outfitters. Hunters are a small part of my business. But there are a part non the less. I support any recall effort of the four people in question...especially Hickenlooper. He is a total anti-gun a-hole. I am concerned for the guides that I work with. I hope this doesn't cost them their businesses. That is sad. Jackaxxes like Hickenlooper make laws that hurt us. Then the people that opose the laws boycott the businesses that support the people that are boycotting. There is nothing good about this. I am sure Hickenlooper and his friends don't give a crap about Hunters and the 15% of the total license budget.

I am glad that the pro gun people would support the pro gun people of Colorado. I just wish they didn't have to hurt us to do it.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #13

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

It does suck for all of our Brothers in CO... but elections have consequences and the bigger the "economic impact" the more successful the recall efforts will be.

Hang in there Rick... we are with you buddy.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
This is bittersweet for me. I live and do business in Colorado. I am obviously pro-gun. But I am in the hotel business. I work with several large outfitters. Hunters are a small part of my business. But there are a part non the less. I support any recall effort of the four people in question...especially Hickenlooper. He is a total anti-gun a-hole. I am concerned for the guides that I work with. I hope this doesn't cost them their businesses. That is sad. Jackaxxes like Hickenlooper make laws that hurt us. Then the people that opose the laws boycott the businesses that support the people that are boycotting. There is nothing good about this. I am sure Hickenlooper and his friends don't give a crap about Hunters and the 15% of the total license budget.

I am glad that the pro gun people would support the pro gun people of Colorado. I just wish they didn't have to hurt us to do it.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Just stay out as I do to Canada and IL....

CO was one of the early 'leaders' in the "stick it to the non-residents" who want to buy licenses in CO..

This is a better reason for going somewhere else.

MY state DNR has been given the authority by the legislature to set a wolf season. They are talking about $100.. Idaho only needs $13-for non-residents, also as I have been told.

MI will never get a wolf season as the 'wolf lovers' and dupes have submitted sigs to make it a ballot issue. Big city voters who wouldnt recgonize a wolf if they were Red Riding Hood will decide, most likely.

Last time something like this came up it was DOVES. We will never hunt doves. The dumb sporssmen groups couldnt even agree. Doves won. Now we grow em for Southern states. The only difference will be the wolves will stay in the UP and dine on venison and moose.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #15

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Hunters boycotting Colorado isn't going to accomplish jack squat. But if it makes you feel good, if the priciple is the thing here,go for it.

The Colorado DNR estimates that big game hunting accounts for $400 million in annual revenues. Most of that is from in-state licenses. I doubt if many Colorado citizens are going to leave the state in order to hunt. If you can get a couple thousand people riled up, what difference will that make economically? at the state budget level, virtually none.

Let's hope the Colorado voters make better choices in the future...

Old 03-29-2013, 01:16 AM   #16

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

This is not purely symbolic and it need not cripple the state budget to be effective. If a few liberal-leftist-progressive-radical businessmen lose a customer or two for their hotels and restaurants, they will scream at the politicians . MagPul is leaving CO and this is piled on that . As a Vietnam War poster read, " When you've got 'em by the balls, there hearts and minds will follow " .