Hunters Boycott Colorado over new Gun Laws!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Hunters Boycott Colorado over new Gun Laws!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default Hunters Boycott Colorado over new Gun Laws!

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Hunters across the United States are boycotting Colorado because of recent legislation meant to curtail gun violence.
Michael Bane, a producer for The Outdoor Channel, announced he will no longer film his four shows in Colorado, and hunters are joining the protests.
Hunting outfitters say people began cancelling trips after the legislation passed, the Colorado Springs Gazette reported (http://tinyurl.com/cfbquoy ). The numbers are few, but growing.
Colorado's governor signed bills this month that ban ammunition magazines that hold more than 15 rounds, and require background checks for private and online gun sales.
Those new gun laws and others were drawn up in response to mass killings at a suburban Denver movie theater and a Connecticut elementary school.
Northwest Colorado hunting guide Chris Jurney expects more state defections in a major tourism industry. Out-of-state hunters accounted for 15 percent of hunting licenses last year, 86,000, compared with 489,000 for residents.
"There's a united front of sportsmen that are tired of having their freedoms and liberties and fundamental rights taken away from them," said Jurney, vice president of the Colorado Outfitters Association. "That kind of unity among sportsmen is going to be big, and unfortunately for those of us who live here, we're going to suffer the consequences of this misguided legislation."
Legislative leaders declined to comment.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife spokesman Randy Hampton said his agency has asked the state attorney general's office for advice on impacts to hunters. While legal possession of high-capacity magazines is grandfathered in, officials want to make sure they are still legal to use.
Jurney said he expects the actual impact of gun regulations on Colorado hunters will be small. Varmint hunters tend to use high-capacity magazines, so they might be limited. He also is concerned about a provision that limits the loaning of a gun to 72 hours. Many youth hunts, in which most guns are loaned, last longer, he said.
Jeff Lepp, owner of Specialty Sports, a gun and hunting shop in Colorado Springs, predicts hunters are going to choose to visit other Rocky Mountain states.
"Small mountain towns and rural towns in this state are going to lose a lot of money because you're not going to see the number of out-of-state hunters coming here. Other states are going to see a growth," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-hunters-begin-boycott-over-colorado-gun-laws-141458794.html

Tack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2600 Times on 1269 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

I will second that stance! And also to think about the effect their stupidity will have on income generaation for hotels, restaurants, Gas Stations, Out of State Licenses Fees, Clothing, Ammunition, Sporting Supplies, Sales Tax other revenue on products.?
Since they are now seemingly governed by some of the liberal idiots that moved from California to Colorado. Probably will not be too many years they are going to be bankrupt Colorado like Commiefornia.
I feel sorry for the good folks who always take the blunt of all out political Stupidity. I hope the good folks who are true Americans give the idiots hell in the Colorado government! They have my support! GO GET EM!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #3

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

People will not go to a place that they feel unwelcome in.

That is human nature. It doesn't matter if it's a State, City, Building, House or even a Forum like this one.

If the environment becomes hostile and inhospitable, people will leave and take their money with them.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyshot View Post
People will not go to a place that they feel unwelcome in.

That is human nature. It doesn't matter if it's a State, City, Building, House or even a Forum like this one.

If the environment becomes hostile and inhospitable, people will leave and take their money with them.
My wife was saving up to take the little ones to Disneyland in Anaheim CA.

I told her to keep saving because her air fare budget would not get us to Disneyworld in Orlando Florida...

That's Right... I'll be shelling out an additional 1k in Airfare and enduring a much longer flight with two younings... because I refuse to spend 1 RED CENT in Commi Fornia.

Tack
Old 03-28-2013, 03:14 AM   #5
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7459 Times on 4069 Posts
Likes Given: 15350

Most boycotts are ineffectual but I think this one has legs.... Legs that will multiply until the towns are overrun with wildlife.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #6

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

We will welcome you with open arms Tack! Florida has the best beaches anyways and there is TONS of stuff for you and the wife to do at night. Check out City Walk and Gino's Pizza(downtown Orlando). Best pizza I have ever had. They get so busy they have to hire para military looking security guards.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

There could also be a recall in Colarado.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/26/colorado-recall-effort-takes-aim-at-democrats-afte/?page=all

Old 03-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
We will welcome you with open arms Tack! Florida has the best beaches anyways and there is TONS of stuff for you and the wife to do at night. Check out City Walk and Gino's Pizza(downtown Orlando). Best pizza I have ever had. They get so busy they have to hire para military looking security guards.
Nice... and thanks. It will be about another year before we make the trip but were really looking forward to seeing Florida. FT. Benning is as close as we've gotten so far.

Tack

Old 03-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #9

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Florida is a world away from Columbus. Make sure to go by Gino's, they have a special pizza everyone always says sounds funny. It's lasagna pizza. They serve beer there too and a nice movie theater is near by if your kids are old enough to be left alone. PM me before your trip if you have any questions.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #10

Liked 16 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

We have cancelled a family ski vacation to Colorado. 6 of us in all for 10 days. We would always spend 10 days there and 10 in Utah. About $25,000 in all, now Utah will get all of our business. I have wrote letters to the resorts and politicians to let them know that as long as they stomp on the constitution we will not be back. Too bad, the best pizza I ever had was at a pizzeria just outside of Vail.