How will you respond when your DR. asks if and how many guns you own. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How will you respond when your DR. asks if and how many guns you own.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'll have ot tell him a story about the three hour tour that ended up with me trying to use a coconut radio on notdku's island.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

danf_fl Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 179 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 495

Default When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
For that matter, when did doctors become an agent of the federal government.
,,,when Obamacare passed and was signed into law.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

JSStryker Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #13

Liked 303 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Talking

hilti-ram-set-001.jpg

Heres one he can report.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #14

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Oops, I forgot my drill gun.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #15

Liked 303 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Then theres always this one.

http://bugasalt.com/

Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8717 Times on 3773 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

Well, since if he (or she, depending on which of my docs) is examining me, my CCW is either on my belt, or on top of the pile of clothes, so they are already pretty aware of the answer to THAT question. And they are both shooters and hunters.

It is more likely to be "Did I tell you that I got that Browning we had been talking about?" or "Wanna go shoot some clays next weekend?"

If you have a Doc you are not comfortable with in ALL circumstances- you need another Doc. No, really.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 01-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
If they're combining mental data, and putting into the background check, then why does a doctor have to ask that question?

For that matter, when did doctors become an agent of the federal government.

The only thing a doctor should disclose to the federal government, is if you show up with some highly contagious disease. I can understand that, because some dude in Texas who took a hunting trip to Zimbabwe, could potentially wipe out New York if the CDC doesn't find out.

But guns?... Really?....
and wiping out NY is a problem when!?!?

My response?

I dont seem to have any gunshot wounds at this particular moment, so why is this relevant?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For edification...the text below is from the "Affordable care act" or Obamacare as it were...Harry Reid forced this amendment into it.

Protection of Second Amendment Gun Rights.--

``(1) Wellness and prevention programs.--A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to--

``(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or
``(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.

``(2) Limitation on data collection.--None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;
``(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or
``(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

``(3) Limitation on databases or data banks.--None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

``(4) Limitation on determination of premium rates or eligibility for health insurance.--A premium rate may not be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act on the basis of, or on reliance upon--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or
``(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

``(5) Limitation on data collection requirements for individuals.--No individual shall be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or
``(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.''.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
AWDeanSr Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #18

Liked 703 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I will tell them NO, I do not.

I sat my two sons down when I got home last night and explained the new rules the president has blessed us with (to the best of my knowledge). I informed them that if anyone (including, doctors, teachers, cops, friend's parents) ever asks them if their are fire arms in the home, the only right answer is "NO".

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 388 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Why would your doctor ask you how many firearms you have. ? The gun laws are strict in the uk but the doctor woldent ask you how many firearms you had.

Last edited by manta; 01-17-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1569 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 7988

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Well, since if he (or she, depending on which of my docs) is examining me, my CCW is either on my belt, or on top of the pile of clothes, so they are already pretty aware of the answer to THAT question. And they are both shooters and hunters.

It is more likely to be "Did I tell you that I got that Browning we had been talking about?" or "Wanna go shoot some clays next weekend?"

If you have a Doc you are not comfortable with in ALL circumstances- you need another Doc. No, really.
QFT. This is why I followed my doctor to his new office when he left the last one he was with. He is one of only 3 compotent ex-Navy doctors I have ever dealt with, and he is as much of a gun nut and hunter as I am. My wife and I both go to him for the same reason C3 goes to his.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?