How will Russias invasion effect gun ownership in the Ukraine?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How will Russias invasion effect gun ownership in the Ukraine?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default How will Russias invasion effect gun ownership in the Ukraine?

Title says it. I was just thinking after reading this article http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/28/facing-crisis-with-russia-ukraine-scrambles-to-get-military-up-to-speed/
[quote]“People are very pro-Ukraine and anti-Russian. The west half of Ukraine is patriotic, similar to how most Americans are about America... Another interesting thing is how many Ukrainians want to get a gun license to buy guns for self-protection. They are jealous now to think that Americans can own guns and carry for self-protection. Most don't have the feeling that the military can protect them from Russia if and when they come,” he said.[quote]

I know this does not directly relate to those of us who are in the us, but should the Ukraine lax its gun laws (I doubt we would hear about it) it could be used as a point in an argument, countries are still invaded in the modern world. I cannot count how many times I have heard people say "Nobody gets invaded anymore".... I don't know, what are all of your opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Last edited by beastmode986; 04-29-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 648 Times on 383 Posts
Likes Given: 408

If a war escalates, I won't think you would need a permit. all for one, one for all.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #3

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default How will Russias invasion effect gun ownership in the Ukraine?

double post.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2299 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 1192

Will not change much. The government may create a militia (for now it is the "national guard"), but not a free for all. The latter would mean arming both sides, and making it easier for the KGB to smuggle weapons into Ukraine. The individual liberties will have to wait. The country is in a state of emergency, in fact war in all but the name.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5812 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 398

This really has no bearing on gun rights. Please take the topic to the politics controversy and religion subforum as the ukrane issue hits all three and has no bearing on issues with gun rights even in the ukrane.

Thanks

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread