This is how they deal with dissent in New Jersey - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > This is how they deal with dissent in New Jersey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Cool Mayor.

But if I was that citizen, I'd have told the council member to pound salt. It was none of his business.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #42
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
One more EFFING RINO and I will vote Libertarian...

Tack

Christie bends over and spread his cheeks for the libs, that's why he was Time Magazine's coverboy a few months back.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #43

Liked 749 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 1537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Cool Mayor.

But if I was that citizen, I'd have told the council member to pound salt. It was none of his business.
But because he answered truthfully the point was made that the law abiding gun owners and carry conceal permit holders are NOT a threat or the problem.... Quite the opposite... and the good mayor not only recognized that, but applauded it.... and the two councel members who evntually left showed their true colors as well (yellow I believe it was). I thought that whole video was way and it gives me hope for some type of common sense to flourish and (hopefully) eventually triumph against fear-minded panic and paranoia.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #44

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
But because he answered truthfully the point was made that the law abiding gun owners and carry conceal permit holders are NOT a threat or the problem.... Quite the opposite... and the good mayor not only recognized that, but applauded it.... and the two councel members who evntually left showed their true colors as well (yellow I believe it was). I thought that whole video was way and it gives me hope for some type of common sense to flourish and (hopefully) eventually triumph against fear-minded panic and paranoia.
Bingo...

I've seen fellow Vets do some admirable things but this young man's candor and calm demeanor is what every 2A advocate should strive to be.

...and the OC support he received at the next council meeting is what finally changed my mind about OC.

Anyone whose not seen the follow up video of OCers packing the same council chamber need to google it up and watch.

Knowinging that law, staying calm, and being honest in the face of hysteria... Is the road to victory regardless of who your facing.

What happened in NJ is a disgrace but anyone who looks at both videos can see that while the WA Veteran remained calm, and "on point", the NJ man was visibly angry and emotional... Not saying the way he was treated is ok, just saying that his demeanor provided his adversary with an excuse to silence him.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 05-25-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 143 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Bingo...

I've seen fellow Vets do some admirable things but this young man's candor and calm demeanor is what every 2A advocate should strive to be.

...and the OC support he received at the next council meeting is what finally changed my mind about OC.

Anyone whose not seen the follow up video of OCers packing the same council chamber need to google it up and watch.

Knowinging that law, staying calm, and being honest in the face of hysteria... Is the road to victory regardless of who your facing.

What happened in NJ is a disgrace but anyone who looks at both videos can see that while the WA Veteran remained calm, and "on point", the NJ man was visibly angry and emotional... Not saying the way he was treated is ok, just saying that his demeanor provided his adversary with an excuse to silence him.

Tack
What I saw in that NJ man was an intense frustration that a lot of NJ people feel, when their choices are, cut and run, as I did, or go tilting windmills, as he is doing. Maybe, because of family obligations, he can't afford to run. It was easy for me, not having family or kids to worry about. But I can tell you that man is just shouting into a hurricane. It's tough to watch.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #46

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrich3 View Post
What I saw in that NJ man was an intense frustration that a lot of NJ people feel, when their choices are, cut and run, as I did, or go tilting windmills, as he is doing. Maybe, because of family obligations, he can't afford to run. It was easy for me, not having family or kids to worry about. But I can tell you that man is just shouting into a hurricane. It's tough to watch.
Yes it is tough to watch but consider this...

My career involves negotiating construction contracts and change orders. What that means is both small and large businesses discussing BIG dollars and doing so with a mix of "owners" who's very homes may be on the line and "hired guns"... managers who are well paid to represent their companies interests.

Rule #1 of ANY negation is: The first one to "lose there cool" loses the debate. PERIOD... end of story.

Right or Wrong, Fair or Unfair, NEVER enters the equation.

Does not matter if your negotiating across a board room table, across the hood of an LEO's cruiser, or across the witness/comment table at a political hearing.

Passion is an admirable trait in a fight... but mistaking a debate, for an actual fight, is a critical error and will guarantee a fight ensues once diplomacy officially fails.

So... How do you tell he difference between a fight and a debate? Simple... When gun play ensues... The debate is over. It's now time to lay down and shut up, or take aim, either way, your done talking... so pick the course of action you can live with and give it everything you've got.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 05-25-2013 at 03:52 PM.