Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How Many Lower Receivers what can I own in Massachusetts ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2687 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
I certainly don't agree with much you have posted here. There exists no Federal law limiting the amount of guns anyone can own, nor does a law exist that defines exactly how many guns you can sell off. Fact is you can legally sell every gun in your collection, for any reason- at any time you wish. If Any Law Enforcement Officer ever has a question for me about where anything might reside, they better damn well produce a Warrant. In fact The #1 most important thing to say to any Law Officer is Nothing. If you are in enough trouble to justfy a warrant, you need an attorney Right Now. Immediately it is now time to STFU- Do not incriminate yourself.
Well, Mr. Bill...You absolutely do not have to agree with anything I have said on this forum. That is your right to disagree, or be disagreable, take yourchoice. The fact of the matter is there is no need for a warrant to knock and talk. If you choose not to talk, that too is your right. I never said anthing about incriminating yourself. If you purchased several AR platorm rifles (or lowers) that can be considered "Reasonable Suspicion" that will cause an Agent to knock on your door. He will ask if he can see the rifles/lowers to confirm you still have them. If you choose to slam the door in his face, that is your right. Do not be surprised if a microscope is inserted into your nether region until they can confirm you are on the up and up.

There is no law dictating how many guns you can buy. There is a law against dealing in firearms w/o a license. If you have made a straw purchase or two, you will grab much unwanted attention. In this case I,too, would recommend silence and the consultation with an Attorney.

Your confrontational attitude will not set well with those sworn to uphold the laws of the land. If you disagree with the law, vote in a different legislature and get the laws changed. Until then I would advise caution.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Well, Mr. Bill...You absolutely do not have to agree with anything I have said on this forum. That is your right to disagree, or be disagreable, take yourchoice. The fact of the matter is there is no need for a warrant to knock and talk. If you choose not to talk, that too is your right. I never said anthing about incriminating yourself. If you purchased several AR platorm rifles (or lowers) that can be considered "Reasonable Suspicion" that will cause an Agent to knock on your door. He will ask if he can see the rifles/lowers to confirm you still have them. If you choose to slam the door in his face, that is your right. Do not be surprised if a microscope is inserted into your nether region until they can confirm you are on the up and up.

There is no law dictating how many guns you can buy. There is a law against dealing in firearms w/o a license. If you have made a straw purchase or two, you will grab much unwanted attention. In this case I,too, would recommend silence and the consultation with an Attorney.

Your confrontational attitude will not set well with those sworn to uphold the laws of the land. If you disagree with the law, vote in a different legislature and get the laws changed. Until then I would advise caution.
Well, you certainly have got me pegged. You are quite correct, the ATF/FBI/Local Law Enforcement don't always seem to like having "The Truth" displayed where they can all see it. Still, that hasn't stopped me yet from calling BS when I see it.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I am not sure what "Truth" you are referring to. Exactly what BS are you calling out?

"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-04-2010, 01:19 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well Guy,
for starters, I don't believe that buying several lowers every couple to few months will get any "agent" on their way to your door. Got anything to back up that one?

Old 11-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

In Texas, the ATF agents have been sent to check forms at many dealers looking for such purchases. One guy in the DFW area was found to be the king pin of a drug/gun smuggling operation that ranged from Oklahoma to the border. He is sitting in Federal Custody right now for a laundry list of charges including straw purchases and exporting w/o a license.
A Houston area officer was found to have purchased two AR's but could not locate them when asked by ATF. He came up with a lame excuse that they had been stolen, but he had not bothered to report the theft. I do not know of the results of that case.

It is common knowledge that ATF has been perusing the 4473's looking for suspicious purchases and knocking on doors looking for straw purchasers and people funneling arms to Mexico.

"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

"Registered" with the state? I am glad i live in MS. Regarding the multiple firearms on one yellow form: I bought my CZ75b & my GP100 at the same time and only filled out one yellow form, kinda wanted separate receipts but dude was in a hurry.

Bill, cut Robo some slack; he is next door to hell down there in TX and may be seeing more scrutiny-type procedures than some of the rest of us.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well I believe the ATF is the lamest of govt thugs, I guess they can do different stuff in TX. I only see stuff in AZ, but mostly from what I hear if you don't incriminate yourself it can be much simpler to extract your butt from their hold.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #18

Liked 1084 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Well I believe the ATF is the lamest of govt thugs, I guess they can do different stuff in TX. I only see stuff in AZ, but mostly from what I hear if you don't incriminate yourself it can be much simpler to extract your butt from their hold.
ATF is federal, they can do that across the entire US. No state law can stop them or preempt them either.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I know the local Sheriff can toss them out of his jurisdiction