Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How Many Guns Are Too Many?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 06:19 AM   #21
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1814 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 3727

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
OK so just because this guy is a hoarder this give the cops to enter his home, CONDEMN his home, and sieze his firearms?
I hope to hell for the cops sake they had a warrant! This stinks of illegal search and siezure to me!
I really don't see what the neatness factor of the guys home has to do with anything. Can someone shed some light here so that a dumbass Jersey boy might understand?
His guns were discovered because of an early hour home burglary that started the gun grab.

Now, the owner is not going to be there, now or anytime in the future; then, the idea to remove them for save keeping (illegal take), to prevent others (neighbors) from taking them (stealing).

I have been in some houses that hoarders were living in! I too would condemn a house in the condition they were in. Condemning the house more towards safety, if the house structure and the living conditions were not fixable.

Worst thing I can think of seeing the pictures from an Air Force base housing unit that was completely trashed beyond all recognition.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #22

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

You're right Daggle. I don't think anyone needs to worry about seeing my camo-clad fat a$$ romping through the woods but that would still be well within my rights. It bothers me it was so easy for these LEO to take the mans weapons using such a lame excuse as "too many". I just can't see where that's a call for them to make. I think it's more a law of averages thing that this guy might have picked up a flea market rifle that might have a checkered past. and they are going to hang their hat on that. Though I would be very interested in seeing that court case because I do not think they had any right to take the first weapon out of the house. The mans rights have been violated so even if he has a dirty gun so to speak will it be admissible?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-14-2010, 06:59 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think if and when he go's to court he'll get them all back plus a lawsuit to go with. They had probable cause for the burglary, they did "NOT" have a warrant to seize the firearms. Regardless of the reason they had those weapons and his belongings should have never been touched! I feel the leo's are just as guilty for breaking and entering as the guys they were called out there for. Since they "needed" to take the guns for safe keeping (at their house).

I know I'm just speculating and we are just going off of the facts that the report states. It just makes me see red when something like this goes down. when they knowingly violate someones rights!

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 08-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #24

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sh*t people read the damn article before you start your God Damn condemnation of the police and start screaming police state and law suit and sh*t. The police were called there for a possible burglary. It there is evidence of a breaking and entering a warrant is not necessary as you are not looking to seize anything just doing a field investigation on the possibility that a crime has been committed. The owner was NOT THERE, I REPEAT THE OWENER WAS NOT THERE. The police do not condemn anything if the house was in such a state that it was a health risk (bugs, rats, trash) then the house can be condemned by the city board of health. When that happens the house is posted and the owner is advised to remove his property, however, the owner WAS NOT THERE, so the police removed the weapons for safety and when the owner returns he can get his weapons back. It was the neighbors that said there were too many weapons not the police. Jesus, don’t let your paranoia get so bad that you read conspiracy in anything you read.. or don’t read. Sometimes you guys just piss me off and you come off just as bad as a liberal anti-gun nut.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #25

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Sh*t people read the damn article before you start your God Damn condemnation of the police and start screaming police state and law suit and sh*t. The police were called there for a possible burglary. It there is evidence of a breaking and entering a warrant is not necessary as you are not looking to seize anything just doing a field investigation on the possibility that a crime has been committed. The owner was NOT THERE, I REPEAT THE OWENER WAS NOT THERE. The police do not condemn anything if the house was in such a state that it was a health risk (bugs, rats, trash) then the house can be condemned by the city board of health. When that happens the house is posted and the owner is advised to remove his property, however, the owner WAS NOT THERE, so the police removed the weapons for safety and when the owner returns he can get his weapons back. It was the neighbors that said there were too many weapons not the police. Jesus, don’t let your paranoia get so bad that you read conspiracy in anything you read.. or don’t read. Sometimes you guys just piss me off and you come off just as bad as a liberal anti-gun nut.
Love this response Scubie. I for one am getting seriously tired of the freaking conspiracy threads here. Folks see a headline and just assume there's something wrong.

You're 100% correct that stuff like this makes us all look like fruit loops...

Old 08-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #26
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2068 Times on 1123 Posts
Likes Given: 747

Quote:
Sh*t people read the damn article before you start your God Damn condemnation of the police and start screaming police state and law suit and sh*t. The police were called there for a possible burglary. It there is evidence of a breaking and entering a warrant is not necessary as you are not looking to seize anything just doing a field investigation on the possibility that a crime has been committed. The owner was NOT THERE, I REPEAT THE OWNER WAS NOT THERE. The police do not condemn anything if the house was in such a state that it was a health risk (bugs, rats, trash) then the house can be condemned by the city board of health. When that happens the house is posted and the owner is advised to remove his property, however, the owner WAS NOT THERE, so the police removed the weapons for safety and when the owner returns he can get his weapons back. It was the neighbors that said there were too many weapons not the police. Jesus, don’t let your paranoia get so bad that you read conspiracy in anything you read.. or don’t read. Sometimes you guys just piss me off and you come off just as bad as a liberal anti-gun nut.
I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who read the article.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #27

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Love this response Scubie. I for one am getting seriously tired of the freaking conspiracy threads here. Folks see a headline and just assume there's something wrong.

You're 100% correct that stuff like this makes us all look like fruit loops...
Indeed. You are both correct. Read the damn article people!

As I stated before, "There goes another "SAFE HOUSE."

Look it up....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I think that when you don't know what you have and/or where they are you possibly have too many guns. I don't have that problem yet.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My wife said I had too many guns so to illustrate my point, I hide all my hand tools and only had one Crescent wrench in my tool box.
I told her since she thought one gun would do everything I wanted to do then one wrench should fix everything that needed to be fixed.
She got the point.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:22 AM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:

See? YOU had your tin foil hat on... I couldn't find mine! I figured the aliens took it, guess I gotta make another one!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson