Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How Many Guns Are Too Many?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 02:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Let me see if I can fix this.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed, unless they have too many.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 08-14-2010, 02:59 AM   #12
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 724

One of the articles mentioned a burglary was reported and the owner could not be reached. The reaction of the neighbors was ridiculous, but the police probably did the right thing. You can't leave those weapons unsecured.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-14-2010, 03:36 AM   #13

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Good to know there are police out there that can help keep us safe from people with too many guns. I guess you have over 250 they need to be redistributed so unfortunate people with not enough guns can get their monthly gun check. Poor Joe the gun guy. WE just need to share the wealth.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-14-2010, 04:01 AM   #14

Liked 666 Times on 355 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Neighbors say even though the weapons may be legal, they still pose a security threat to their neighborhood.

Woods' says, "Even if he's a registered gun owner or not, that just seems like its too many rifles."
Stupid people are dumb...

They're not much into proper gun storage either.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Last edited by CourtJester; 08-14-2010 at 04:03 AM.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:18 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Stupid people are dumb...

They're not much into proper gun storage either.

In all fairness, they probably aren't used to handling over 300 guns in one day....

The video on the 2nd link shows the LEO being interviewed speaking about a whole bunch of trash and stuff piled "to the ceiling"....perhaps the guy was a collector, but maybe he also has other issue?

Old 08-14-2010, 04:49 AM   #16

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Other issue or not it don't say anywhere that the man did anything to warrant his weapons being taken from him. It looks to me like the man is being convicted of a crime that didn't happen. Or is it like Minority Report where they went back in time and got him before he found a clock tower?

Maybe he is a nut. Maybe he has more weapons (and other pack rat crap) than he needs. But to say he has too many and just take them is out of bounds the way I see it. I have several thousand rounds of ammo here as well as components to make a good deal more. Do I have too much and need be looked at as a militia wanna be ready and waiting for the uprising? Or am I just a bargan hunter and took advantage of some really good deals that will keep me poking holes in paper for many years to come?

What bothers me about this is it creates a dangerous precedent where a law abiding citizen has had his property taken from him when it sounds like he was the victim of a break in.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-14-2010, 04:51 AM   #17
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 291 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Well, hell, if the SHTF, I know where I'm heading... Just how "South Central" are you?

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:10 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
he should be able to own 16546516543494635413 guns.
Damn Spittie, why so few!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-14-2010, 05:17 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Shortly after police arrived, the home was condemned and the guns were only part of it.

Deputy Chief Lindmark says, "When the police got to this residence they found a tremendous amount of garbage and different items stacked from the floor to the ceiling."

]
OK so just because this guy is a hoarder this give the cops to enter his home, CONDEMN his home, and sieze his firearms?
I hope to hell for the cops sake they had a warrant! This stinks of illegal search and siezure to me!
I really don't see what the neatness factor of the guys home has to do with anything. Can someone shed some light here so that a dumbass Jersey boy might understand?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #20

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I have several thousand rounds of ammo here as well as components to make a good deal more. Do I have too much and need be looked at as a militia wanna be ready and waiting for the uprising? Or am I just a bargan hunter and took advantage of some really good deals that will keep me poking holes in paper for many years to come?.
Furthermore, how is it any business of Uncle Sam's business one way or the other? Even if you were a militia wanna be, I don't recall any prohibitions on that in the constitution
Well, I'm just going to depart this thread before I get p****d off. F*****g police state horses**t.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields