Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How Many Guns Are Too Many?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1421 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 2908

Default How Many Guns Are Too Many?

I am still cleaning the drool from the keyboards, mouse and the computer screen at this large home collection:

How Many Guns Are Too Many?

This is from WTVO News, watch the video that is embedded:

UPDATE: Police Seize Over 300 Guns from Rockford Home - MyStateLine.com

(Rockford) -- More than 300 firearms were removed from this home on Auburn Street. It's a scene residents say they aren't accustomed too.

Coley Woods lives across the street from the home. He says, "I'm thinking it's an accident or something, but I look over and I see them with all them rifles."

"It's just un-real to see this many guns involved a regular residential neighborhood," says concerned resident McArthur Tennin.

Police were called to this home just after two this morning. They arrived after neighbors called about a burglary. When police got inside the home, they found empty shell casings and a variety of weapons, from shotguns to rifles.

Deputy Police Chief Greg Lindmark says, "some were loaded, some weren't some appear to be operable because they're old and then some to be fairly new."

Police say a 67 year-old man owns the home and the weapons. He is a legally registered gun owner.

"At the current time we're taking the firearms for safe keeping as evidence until we can further investigate this," says Deputy Chief Lindmark.

Neighbors say even though the weapons may be legal, they still pose a security threat to their neighborhood.

Woods' says, "Even if he's a registered gun owner or not, that just seems like its too many rifles."

Shortly after police arrived, the home was condemned and the guns were only part of it.

Deputy Chief Lindmark says, "When the police got to this residence they found a tremendous amount of garbage and different items stacked from the floor to the ceiling."

Police will run checks on all of the weapons to see if any were stolen or involved in any crimes.

As of late Wednesday afternoon, police haven't charged the homeowner. Police say he's out of town and they're still trying to get in contact with him. Police also haven't made any arrests in the burglary.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 08-13-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

There is no such thing as too many guns!

"Neighbors say even though the weapons may be legal, they still pose a security threat to their neighborhood." How so?? I bet nobody would dare break in his house. LOL

Old 08-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Dammit! There goes another "safe house!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1421 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 2908

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroque View Post
There is no such thing as too many guns!

"Neighbors say even though the weapons may be legal, they still pose a security threat to their neighborhood." How so?? I bet nobody would dare break in his house. LOL
From the video, sounds like the individual was a massive pack rat of things and not just guns either, i.e. trash, junk, etc. The security threat was the weapons could have ended up in the wrong hands.

Did you see the amount of boxes the guns were stored in? Alot of boxes!

I would love to see that collection!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

"Too many guns" is ALWAYS two more than you currently own.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 08-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I hope that homeowner has a complete list of serial numbers and makes and models. It would be TOO easy for some of these guns to get MISPLACED.

Sounds like the nieghbors are a bunch of libtards!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 263 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
I hope that homeowner has a complete list of serial numbers and makes and models. It would be TOO easy for some of these guns to get MISPLACED.

Sounds like the nieghbors are a bunch of libtards!
I run into that every day around here, but that's because I open carry. I find it rather amusing when you walk into a room and all conversation stops when people realize I have a gun on my hip.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

Old 08-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If the guns are safe, in the hands of a responsible person and not a criminal, I don't see why someone can't have as many as they want.
***In this case, this person seems like a hoarder (according to the report of floor to ceiling junk in the home), but that doesn't necassarily make him dangerous.
Because I don't know him personally, I can't make a judgement call. Then again, it's not up to me.
The neighbors' remarks DO make them sound like idiots.

My home defense system? A Rottie and a shotty...

Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That is absolutely insane!!!! He was legal in his ownership and now his posessions are being taken. There is no limit on gun ownership and without any good reason(aka, he's a terrorist or convicted felon) he should be able to own 16546516543494635413 guns.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-14-2010, 01:23 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I can't even begin to describe how angry this makes me
If you're legally allowed to have firearms in this country, last time I checked I could have as many as I darn well pleased!