How Many
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How Many

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default How Many

How many have heard anything about this thru the media?

Columbine Student's father 12 years later

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this, hmm? On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton , Colorado , was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness...

The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed..
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties… We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.”

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge...Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!”

”My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen again.”

Darrell Scott

Do what the media did not --- let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.
God Bless

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Wow! Just, wow!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #3

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Thank you for sharing that.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Truth. But it will never hit the masses because the main commercial media outlets are firmly controlled by the liberal godless minority. God bless the USA.............................and God help us.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Great speech. Did he say this lately or like 10 or 12 years ago?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey View Post
Great speech. Did he say this lately or like 10 or 12 years ago?
it was 13 years ago:

Quote:
May 27, 1999 before the Subcommittee on Crime of the House Judiciary Committee

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

How do I give this a thumbs up? And yes I will pass this along to everyone !

Old 03-15-2012, 02:51 AM   #8
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7343 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9064

Very touching and thoughtful speech. It gave me chills.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #9

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Incredible. Instant post to facebook, and ill ask to have the word spread! Thank you for this it is outstanding and bleeds truth.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #10

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Great read, thanks for posting.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"