How to join a state militia? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How to join a state militia?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I would say right here is a great place to start. Let's look at what the FTF Member Militia would have going for it.
  • Honesty
  • Hard Working
  • No Non-Sense
  • Let's cut the BS and fix the damn problem
  • Doing the right thing for the right reason, not when it's convenient
  • Believe in the Constitution and core values of our Fore-Fathers
  • Relying on one's self instead of handouts
  • Support secure borders without alienating LEGAL immigration
  • Support Smaller, more transparent, government
  • Support Tax dollars being spent at home first
I think this list could run another three pages if you take a look at the position of a lot of our posters/members concerning issues that arise concerning our formerly great nation.

And let's not forget that our members have some really cool toys and really know how to use them.

JD
+1...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 09-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #22

Liked 86 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Lots of big talk here! If you are that concerned, what are you doing now? If you are really worried about the SHTF then are you securing food, water, shelter and ways to protect it and yourself? That should be your main concern not thinking about joining some group that you have no control over and may be forced to obey even if it turns out you don't like what they are about. Look out for number 1 and don't count on anyone but yourself and you will be a much happier and safer person.

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 09-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #23

a real legit militia is not racist, or a hate group by any means it is just the wacked people running it that f it all up, a militia is only against invasion of our home and rights that is what they were created to do not hate or judge so you people saying that they are hate groups are ignorant to what a militia really is and do not know what the word means so you might just wanna think before you open your piehole because when you assume it makes an ass out of you............. GET YOUR FACT STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU ASSUME...

Old 09-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #24

and a real militia has blacks in it too so to say they are racist doesn't make sense look it up before ASSUME.......

Old 09-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #25
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1851 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by XstraightshooterX View Post
a real legit militia is not racist, or a hate group by any means it is just the wacked people running it that f it all up, a militia is only against invasion of our home and rights that is what they were created to do not hate or judge so you people saying that they are hate groups are ignorant to what a militia really is and do not know what the word means so you might just wanna think before you open your piehole because when you assume it makes an ass out of you............. GET YOUR FACT STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU ASSUME...
You are right about a real militia not being racist but there are a lot of so called militias out there that are not true militias. Google Minutemen as they are a non racist national organization with local chapters. It was Minutemen that video taped 2 border patrol agents taking bribes from drug runners in AZ. That was hushed up very quickly.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #26

Going to be an interesting 20 years. I predict uprising by the armed poor and a flip in the political parties that support gun rights and gun control. This income inequality of ours is not going away and the middle class are not going to be happy becoming poorer.

That said, I'm unconvinced that participation in a militia will really help. Better to have a source of food, water and access to plenty of ammo.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #27
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Superc, that was a great post! I went to the site you mentioned and found all the information on my state-sponsored militia. Thanks so much for that information!

It is sad that the word "Militia" has been bastardized by hate groups as a way to protect the practice of their hate speech. It is also sad that the bastardization has been propagated by the media and the public now sees any "militia" as equivalent to the KKK. We need another word to equate to "militia" without being militia.

It's also too bad the haters haven't figured out the huge value of multiculturalism. With many races in a group, you have choices. When I was in school in the San Francisco Bay Area, I had a group of friends that included African-Americans, Chinese-Americans, Mexicans, Samoans, Filipinos - it was a huge melting pot of people and we all LOVED the fact that we could go anywhere in any neighborhood and one of us could keep the rest out of trouble! I imagine the same will be true in a SHTF scenario as well - you run across a group of KKK, you need a Caucasian. A Southern Black Baptist Church is holding out together, an African-American member of your group can probably make inroads better than anyone else...or at least get over the initial introductions. Remember, it's going to be a scary time and people are going to be more closed off than usual, and anything you can do to make things easier is going to be well worth it.

The final truth on militia is, if you have two or three friends, and they have like-minded families, and they have survival plans and Bug Out Bags and emergency stores, you ARE in a militia! You are going to defend yourselves as the Founding Fathers did and, if necessary, gather with others to reconstitute this great country. It doesn't matter that you don't have a uniform and don't run around in the woods with camo paint on your face - neither did the Minute Men. In fact, members of the "Butternut Brigade" - some of the best "Ranger's" of the war - were named that because the men's uniforms were dyed a yellow color by their wives...the only natural dye they had. We don't have to all have AR-15s and we don't need camo clothing and we don't need patches on our soldiers to be a "militia." Organize, train, plan, be ready.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 09-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #28

Default Appleseed

Well, I don't know if you're still on here since this thread was resurrected from last year.

It sounds like Project Appleseed (Project Appleseed Home) may be right up your alley. It's not an "organized militia" but it teaches the TRUE history of our country... not the "watered down politically correct" version being taught in our schools today. It also teaches marksmanship... TRUE marksmanship without all the "bells and whistles" and fancy stuff.

There are Appleseed events held nationwide. Check out the website and find one close to you! There's one down here in Texas in a couple of weeks, and I plan on being there... and I'm taking my wife and kids!

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #29
Tyr

Default Still there?

If so email me. victorymike82@gmail.com

Old 02-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #30

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

saw date my bad

Last edited by Ruger22lr; 02-12-2013 at 03:56 AM.