Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How to join a state militia?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How to join a state militia?

I am a 21-year-old resident of Northern Kentucky (extreme north, a stone's throw away from Cincinnati) looking to join a militia not run by the government. I fear that we may be close to a violent revolution, maybe as soon as in the next two years. I'm a patriot who supports the Constitution (the way our Forefathers intended it) and express great sadness to see where our wonderful country is heading. I have no intention of overthrowing the government or something crazy like that, but just to be a part of a force that protects the rights of Americans and stands up to tyrannical government.

With that said, I would like anyone's advice on where to look (if you aren't a resident of Kentucky, just let me know what you did). I'm sure there are many fraudulent and corrupt private militant groups that have sinister intentions, so I'd like to have some information on how to avoid those groups. I'm looking for honest, true American patriots whose sole intentions are to protect and promote liberty. Thank you all!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Dont really think there are a whole lot of "militias" out there not run by a hate group or a nut job. Could be wrong though. Hell join the military and make a difference.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I agree with Doc. You sound motivated, find a recruiter.

If you find a Milita to join, let us all know!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:54 AM   #4

Unfortunately, I can't join the military for multiple reasons. For one, I have a minor mental health problem that most places disregard, but the military didn't. Secondly, I really don't like the state the military is in right now. I can't honestly assess what goes on overseas or even at home, but I have many close relatives and friends that are experienced veterans (all served at least 4 years) who express that it would have been a great idea to enlist years ago, but not now. I have nothing against the men and women who serve, in fact I have great respect for them. I just don't want to join and be at the command of politicians who all have their heads up that specific bodily orifice. I'd like to be part of a free group who serves their community and country and does what is right no matter what a politician thinks they should do.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkI View Post
I am a 21-year-old resident of Northern Kentucky (extreme north, a stone's throw away from Cincinnati) looking to join a militia not run by the government. I fear that we may be close to a violent revolution, maybe as soon as in the next two years. I'm a patriot who supports the Constitution (the way our Forefathers intended it) and express great sadness to see where our wonderful country is heading. I have no intention of overthrowing the government or something crazy like that, but just to be a part of a force that protects the rights of Americans and stands up to tyrannical government.

With that said, I would like anyone's advice on where to look (if you aren't a resident of Kentucky, just let me know what you did). I'm sure there are many fraudulent and corrupt private militant groups that have sinister intentions, so I'd like to have some information on how to avoid those groups. I'm looking for honest, true American patriots whose sole intentions are to protect and promote liberty. Thank you all!
Well, since you have asked with pure and honest intentions, all I can say is good luck in finding any militia group that is not anarchist or racist at the very least. Those groups attract anti-everything that is not at least white and like minded in their eyes. There is a group of Klansmen out of Louiville that accept all that they deem to be caucasian regardless of religion as long as you are not a follower of Judiasm or of hispanic descent (even though most hispanics are caucasian).

I am in Ohio and I am a stones throw from the Ohio River. I know of no militia group that is all inclusive to Americans. There might be a few groups out there, but I have yet to see one. Racists tend to use the term "militia" to gather membership and hide behind their fundamentalist ideals. That is my experience anyway.

My suggestion is this; gather a group of friends who are like minded and plan a strategy for a SHTF scenario. It only takes a few who you know you can trust to be able to depend on one another for survival. Have a meeting point, have your BOB's packed and a strategy. Everyone has a job, and they know what their job is just in case. As a whole, you will fend for each other far better than some group that attracts whack jobs who are just itching to shoot a gubmit agent or person of another color or religion.

That is unless you are that whack job...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 06-28-2010 at 04:59 AM.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:05 AM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Well stated Skull!!!

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Well, since you have asked with pure and honest intentions, all I can say is good luck in finding any militia group that is not anarchist or racist at the very least. Those groups attract anti-everything that is not at least white and like minded in their eyes. There is a group of Klansmen out of Louiville that accept all that they deem to be caucasian regardless of religion as long as you are not a follower of Judiasm or of hispanic descent (even though most hispanics are caucasian).

I am in Ohio and I am a stones throw from the Ohio River. I know of no militia group that is all inclusive to Americans. There might be a few groups out there, but I have yet to see one. Racists tend to use the term "militia" to gather membership and hide behind their fundamentalist ideals. That is my experience anyway.

My suggestion is this; gather a group of friends who are like minded and plan a strategy for a SHTF scenario. It only takes a few who you know you can trust to be able to depend on one another for survival. Have a meeting point, have your BOB's packed and a strategy. Everyone has a job, and they know what their job is just in case. As a whole, you will fend for each other far better than some group that attracts whack jobs who are just itching to shoot a gubmit agent or person of another color or religion.

That is unless you are that whack job...
You know Skull, maybe I should change this thread's title to "How to start your own militia?". Not that I will, just thanks for the idea...

Old 06-28-2010, 06:26 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hawk, Skull, as usual, gave some excellent advice. There are many groups around, mostly made up of like-minded folk who want to be able to work as a team if they need to get through hard times, or to defend themselves in case of poopy hittin the fan.
The definition of militia varys greatly from one person to the next, you need to get an understanding of the type of group you need and be very selective of the kind of people you get involved with. Some groups could be considered radical in their beliefs, some not. Use good judgement,good luck.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

There are places in Kentucky but any that you would really want to be a part of are south or west of you. If you do get to talking to anyone keep your mind and ears open. There are groups that call themselves militia but they are not much more than gangs. They are not well trained but will be well armed and be more trouble that you might want to get into. I don't claim to know all of them nor do I want to. But I've met several groups and done a little computer work for a couple. They usually find their people. Not the other way around. Sounds kind of cloak and dagger but it's more a don't want to be bothered by a bunch of Rambo's that are just looking for trouble to get into.

There is a group a little north of Cincinnati if I remember right. But it's been years since I left there and don't really talk to many that still live up there. I'm sure there are web sites out there if you look around a little. Google is a great thing

Your best bet is to just not worry so much about it. If you have a weapon or so just practice. Train to use them as best you can. There are literally tons of resources out there to draw on. This one you are on now is fantastic. But you might look for some video to help support what you read here. Doing this will help you more than anything. and if you happen to be at a range or someplace and someone talks to you about things like you are asking about be very careful. Just because someone says they are militia does not mean that they are someone/something you want to be affiliated with. The best thing you can do for yourself is find a couple people that you really trust. Family,true trusted friend(s). This will be your best ally if there is actually a situation that requires you to ensure your safety and/or that of your loved ones. Bottom line is if something bad happens you will be right where you are and travel might not be all that easy to do. Do some forward thinking. Have things like food, medical supplies,ammo on hand. Have a plan. There will be plenty of people ready to call you a nut job or paranoid. Even amoung the gun culture there are plenty that have been blinded by media and the like that want to keep you in the dark and willing to keep your head down and just be part of the machine that wishes to control you. THe fact that you are looking for the information you are means that the blinders have been at least somewhat removed and you want to be ready for a situation that could end up bad.
So look for all the info you can get your hands on. Keep asking questions here on the boards. There are many really smart people here. Many know about one aspect but might not have all the info in another. But there will be someone come along that does. Adn remember, it's what you learn after you know it all that really counts.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2638 Times on 1538 Posts
Likes Given: 1170

My county started one (but has since petered out). We signed on at the same time we did voter registration. Check with the local talk radio station. Maybe they could generate enough interest.
What is needed is the same as any other group. By-laws, Mission statement, applications, member lists, regular meetings, etc...
Try to be different than rebellion groups, get involved in local politics, and volunteer to make a difference in the county by helping others as an organization.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)