Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How British laws killed off gun ownership

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6544 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
That didn't answer my question. Some can not all and no training is required unlike America.
There are several states that allow you to carry in some fashion without ANY kind of permit, training, or otherwise. The ONLY people restricted are felons and violent criminals. In most states, we don't have to ask permission to get a permit like in the UK. If we want one, we take the (easy) class, and get the permit.

Quote:
What fighting is happening to change what Snowden revealed.
Well for one thing, the courts made the NSA reveal a lot more of what they were doing. A lot of the scumbag politicians who supported this will be voted in the next election.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #72
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 258 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
A lot of the scumbag politicians who supported this will be voted in the next election
Yes and the politicians that replace them will be doing the same or worse.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #73
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4622 Times on 2312 Posts
Likes Given: 4759

Quote:
Yes and the politicians that replace them will be doing the same or worse.
Thats not very Optimistic Manta. I would rather hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Were in a little better shape government wise here in the US, you are surrounded by so many differing ideologies from the EU to, Eastern to European to every wild hair nation that lives within a short hop from you. We have only South America and Canada to appease and we dont care so much about their opinions in our day to day lives.

I hope we all enjoy more freedoms in our future, were not giving up until that happens!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #74

Liked 258 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Thats not very Optimistic Manta. I would rather hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Were in a little better shape government wise here in the US, you are surrounded by so many differing ideologies from the EU
It's called experience and being realistic. Politicians are great when not in power at talking about what they are going to change when in power. Only to keep in place what the last administration had brought in. Surveillance on American citizens will only get more intrusive not less no matter who is in the white house like it or not. As for the rest of your post you have lost me. PS I am glad to see you trust your politicians so much.

Last edited by manta; 09-16-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #75

Liked 1017 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Quote:
It's called experience and being realistic. Politicians are great when not in power at talking about what they are going to change when in power. Only to keep in place what the last administration had brought in. Surveillance on American citizens will only get more intrusive not less no matter who is in the white house like it or not. As for the rest of your post you have lost me. PS I am glad to see you trust your politicians so much.
We already have big brother riding with us. The RFID chips called E-ZPass that allow you to ride through toll stations without stopping to pay are used by NY to track our whereabouts. I am sure other states do the same thing with the RFID chips. NY is the only state to admit tracking it's citizens.

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/13/new_yorks_e_zpass_were_watching_you/?utm_content=bufferdc78a&utm_source=buffer&utm_med ium=google&utm_campaign=Buffer

Old 09-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #76

Liked 4781 Times on 2677 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Depends on what you call forced? It you were starved out driven beyond the "Pale" to freeze to death? Yes, given a chance you would volunteer to leave. Many of our ancestors departed directly to the American colonies and were never Ulster Scots.