How British laws killed off gun ownership - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > How British laws killed off gun ownership

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Not if they are innocent homeowners defending their property. In this case he used a shotgun that he had illegally. You don't have to like the laws but if you break them then you have to face the consciences. You can use force to defend yourself including deadly force in the UK. But shooting someone in the back with an illegal obtained firearm when they are running away will get you in trouble not just in the UK I think.
then please explain why and how the shotgun was illegally obtained.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
then please explain why and how the shotgun was illegally obtained.
He said he found it. It doesn't matter why it was illegal like it or not. He had a shotgun that was taken of him for shooting at and hitting the car of someone that was on his property. The person was not a threat that might be OK in America but it would be seen as overreacting here.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #13

Quote:
He said he found it. It doesn't matter why it was illegal like it or not. He had a shotgun that was taken of him for shooting at and hitting the car of someone that was on his property. The person was not a threat that might be OK in America but it would be seen as overreacting here.
are you assuming that the person he shot at on his property wasn't a threat, or you KNOW they weren't a threat?

huge difference there.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #14

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

You're not in trouble in a lot of US states, just the FEW that are commie run progressive utopias: NY, NJ, CA, and a couple more.

If you find a gun in the US it's simple. A few of my friends have been lucky fishing and hunting. Step 1: Contact police with serial number to make sure it's not stolen. If not stolen, proceed to step 2. If stolen, turn over to police to give back to rightful owner. Step 2: Generally after 30 days if no one comes foward to claim their property, it becomes yours. It's just like finding money, cuff links, or a guitar.

If you are faced with an intruder wouldn't you grab the best tool available to preserve your life? I'm sure he wasn't thinking, "Oh my, my shotgun certificate isn't valid and I found this gun without getting permission from my enslavers. Therefore I deserve to die/be victimized."

Your thought process is why crime is so high in the UK and the criminals have MORE rights and consideration than the victims. I can hear it now, gun crime in the US is......Yada yada yada, I mean crime regardless of the means used. A rape or robbery with a knife or physical force is the same as a rape or robbery committed with a belt fed machine gun.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #15

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I have read many reports that the gangs in the UK are using plastic flair guns to rob people lately.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 09-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
are you assuming that the person he shot at on his property wasn't a threat, or you KNOW they weren't a threat
Because the guy he shot at reported it to the police that's why he had his certificate revoked. I don't think he would have went to the police if he was a threat.

Quote:
If you are faced with an intruder wouldn't you grab the best tool available to preserve your life?
Yes and that is self defence shooting someone in the back when they are trying to get away would seen as excessive force. Not just in the UK.

Quote:
If you find a gun in the US it's simple. A few of my friends have been lucky fishing and hunting. Step 1: Contact police with serial number to make sure it's not stolen. If not stolen, proceed to step 2. If stolen, turn over to police to give back to rightful owner. Step 2: Generally after 30 days if no one comes foward to claim their property, it becomes yours. It's just like finding money, cuff links, or a guitar.
That's America not the UK or a lot of other countries. This person was not allowed to own firearms because of his past behaviour. If you were a felon in America and found a firearm and kept it you are telling me that would be OK. ?

Old 09-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 238 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love

Illegally obtained firearm bc his shotgun certificate was revoked? Progressive BS IMO. Shot them in the back is a prob for you? They were in his home! Newsflash, in most US states if they are in your home it doesn't matter where you shoot them.
Exactly what states is it legal to fire on them as they retreat through a window?

You have the right to defend yourself against threat, not to execute them when they are fleeing.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Because the guy he shot at reported it to the police that's why he had his certificate revoked. I don't think he would have went to the police if he was a threat.

Yes and that is self defence shooting someone in the back when they are trying to get away would seen as excessive force. Not just in the UK.

That's America not the UK or a lot of other countries. This person was not allowed to own firearms because of his past behaviour. If you were a felon in America and found a firearm and kept it you are telling me that would be OK. ?
again, are you assuming that or do you know that for a fact? because i have had the cops called on me before on my own property, by trespassers! so should they come and remove my firearms?

Old 09-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
again, are you assuming that or do you know that for a fact? because i have had the cops called on me before on my own property, by trespassers! so should they come and remove my firearms?
The shotgun hole in the guys car was a clue for the police. If he was a threat drawing attention to himself by going to the police wouldn't be a good idea as they would check has background for criminal offences etc.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #20

Quote:
The shotgun hole in the guys car was a clue for the police. If he was a threat drawing attention to himself by going to the police wouldn't be a good idea as they would check has background for criminal offences etc.
are you sure about that? a person would have had to be have been caught to have a criminal background. does not mean the they still didn't have criminal intent when on the man's property for him to shoot at them.

are you taking this at face value, or do you know for a fact about the details of this incident? just because the media reports something doesn't mean it's always the truth. they have been caught many times not telling the truth or omitting certain details about a story.