Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > House approves national concealed carry gun bill.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I would love to see this bill become a Law in my lifetime.? & this includes NYC with their liberal gun laws.?

Old 11-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #22

"The Second Amendment is a fundamental right to bear arms that should not be constrained by state boundary lines," said GOP Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.

Read more: House Approves Concealed Firearm Permit Bill | Fox News

Old 11-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock22scout View Post
I have a question about how this will work. Example I live in the great state of Vermont that doesn't require a CCW permit as long as u legally own you can carry concealed. So does that mean I will be required to get a CCW permit from another state or since Vermont has no law then I can carry based on Vermont law? Anyone know?
I am also interested in how that will work for us Vermonters...... Maybe our state could just issue a carry permit to us for the purpose of traveling from state to state..?? Of course they will then have to do another background check to make sure we are free and clear to have a handgun.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #24

Liked 1084 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwintr View Post
I am also interested in how that will work for us Vermonters...... Maybe our state could just issue a carry permit to us for the purpose of traveling from state to state..?? Of course they will then have to do another background check to make sure we are free and clear to have a handgun.
I think this is what Alaska currently does.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

That would ok but anytime the FEDS get their hands on something it goes to ****!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #26

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwintr View Post
I wouldn't think anything would change for you. Just show your Vermont drivers license.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #27

Liked 1084 Times on 638 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Dune is correct. Here's the wording from the House version of the bill that passed.
Text of H.R.822 as Introduced in House: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Quote:
‘(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof, related to the carrying or transportation of firearms, a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, and who is carrying a government-issued photographic identification document and a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm, may carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any State, other than the State of residence of the person, that--
‘(1) has a statute that allows residents of the State to obtain licenses or permits to carry concealed firearms; or
‘(2) does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms by residents of the State for lawful purposes.
So the way I read it is that if a drivers license is all that is required in your state to carry concealed, that's all that would be required.

Another section goes on to clarify something else I questioned, will restrictions be applied to out of staters differently than in staters. Basically no, an out of state permit is to be considered the same as the least restrictive permit available in the state.

This means that if I get a Maryland permit and I'm only allowed to carry while moving large sums of money in MD, I can go to New York or California and carry when not carrying large sums of money as long as I follow all the laws of the state I'm in.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #28

Here's a really new and novel idea

Since our 2nd amendment reads:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

So to simplify concealed carry (as well as open carry) and take it out of the realm of either states rights or
federal jurisdiction, why not simply adhere to the constitution which supposedly
trumps both states rights or federal jurisdiction, and simply acknowledge the
pre-constitutional, creator given right, that the constitution's 2nd amendment does
not grant, but simply recognizes as a pre-existing creator given right of personal self defense
as well as the pre-existing to the constitution, creator given right right to overthrow any form of tyranny
from within or without our country.

Then states and the federal government would simply adhere to the 2nd amendment
which recognizes the right of citizens to either open carry or conceal carry without any kind
of a permit. Because a "permit" which one pays for, changes a creator given right to a revokable privilege.

There. Problem solved. No fee based state concealed carry permits. No federal law making one state
recognize the concealed carry permit of another state. Just all states as well as the federal government
recognize and adhere to what our constitution and 2nd amendment recognizes as a creator given right
that actually pre-dates the constitution and therefore our constitution does not actually grant......but
simply recognizes as a creator given right.

Sorry, I lost my head there for a moment and was thinking pre-existing to the constitution
creator given rights, (which our constitution does not grant, but simply recognizes as always existing from our creator)
and momentarily deluded myself that state governments or the federal government would even consider simply recognizing
our creator given rights instead of congress creating yet another unnecessary firearms related law.

I should have known better than to even suggest something so basic and simplistic that wouldn't require any lawyers
and would not give the government more power not mandated to it via the constitution.

I really need to get that kind of freedom and independence thinking out of my head because it is counter-productive
to big government which loves us and just wants the best for all us Rothchild/federal reserve slaves....er I mean citizens.
Like Cool hand Luke, I've got to try and get my mind right boss.

Last edited by Bill_Akins; 11-29-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #29

Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Akins View Post
Here's a really new and novel idea

Since our 2nd amendment reads:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

So to simplify concealed carry (as well as open carry) and take it out of the realm of either states rights or
federal jurisdiction, why not simply adhere to the constitution which supposedly
trumps both states rights or federal jurisdiction, and simply acknowledge the
pre-constitutional, creator given right, that the constitution's 2nd amendment does
not grant, but simply recognizes as a pre-existing creator given right of self defense.

Then both states and the federal government would simply adhere to the 2nd amendment
which recognizes the right of citizens to either open carry or conceal carry without any kind
of a permit, because a "permit" which one pays for, changes a creator given right to a revokable privilege.

Sorry, I lost my head there for a moment and was thinking pre-existing to the constitution
creator given rights, (which our constitution does not grant, but simply recognizes as existing)
and momentarily deluded myself that state governments or the federal government would even consider simply recognizing
our constitutional 2nd amendment instead of creating yet another unnecessary firearms related law.
if they only would follow the constitution. I should have known better than to even suggest something so simplistic.

Because then, control freak states like CA, IL, NY , and NJ wouldn't be able

to seize your property and open a size ten can of your money?

Old 11-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1241 Times on 719 Posts
Likes Given: 1874

A law enforcing reciprocity doesn't appear too scary on the surface. But what is scary about it is that the likely followup will be a national carry permit. Once that is established and replaces the various state-issued permits, the next thing could (would?) be to revoke all permits, confiscate the guns (which would be listed on the paperwork required for the permit), and the police state would be here.