Hooters doesn't give a Hoot about your CHL - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Hooters doesn't give a Hoot about your CHL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I disagree sir.
Your rights end when they encroach on the rights of others.
You cannot yell fire in a movie theator and claim 1st ammendment rights.
You cannot refuse service to a person of color.
Your freedom ends when it encroaches on the freedom of others.
The second ammendment gives ME rights.
Just like the rights of people of color, handicaped, and others are protected, I would like mine protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Hold on a second guys.

I thought conservatives were about "rights". Why does Hooters not have the absolute right to decide who they serve on their property? After all if we want to control property we don't own, then how can we not expect others to want to control ours.

If you don't like Hooters, don't spend your money there, it can't get much simpler than that.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #82

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
So I guess others rights don't matter
NO politiction is going to please everyone- get over yourself--
Not asking you to give a crap about my opinion buddy.
Other peoples rights end when they step on mine.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #83

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
Not asking you to give a crap about my opinion buddy.
Good- You'd be sorely disapointed
Funny you should state this--Other peoples rights end when they step on mine.

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Last edited by HOSSFLY; 11-04-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #84

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:

It's my opinion, I will vote for representatives that will support my right to carry anywhere publically regardless of who owns it. And no one is going to change my mind. THAT IS MY RIGHT!

Rant off
good luck with that.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #85
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
NO SIR I DO NOT NEED TO RESPECT THAT! I may have to follow the law, but that does NOT mean I do not seek to change it!

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one sir. There are laws restricting the business owner’s rights with regard to the general public in play right now.

In Texas if the owner of a business puts up a "Gun Busters" sign LEAGLLY I can ignor it and I do. THAT'S THE LAW! My rights are protected. Regardless of the business owners wishes.

Another good example is when I worked at the college of Oceaneering for commercial diving. Obviously we couldn't take a paraplegic and make him a hard hat diver, but we had to have wheelchair ramps anyway. You can't refuse to serve people due to race. You cannot refuse to serve people who do not speak English. Etc, etc.

While I'm VERY sure folks will jump all over this response, please, I've heard it, I hear your point, I just do not agree with it. And there really is nothing you can post that will change my mind.

I HOPE for a law that protects MY constitution rights just as people of color, of certain religions, etc are protected. I will continue to vote with my dollars and that was the intention of the post.

Just as someone said they keep going to the representatives in NC to get laws to allow them to carry in restaurants, I seek the same.

To allow our constitutional rights to be eroded by the whim of others is the biggest problem in our country. A problem folks like CAIR are using against us. Your freedoms end when they encroach on the freedoms of others.

I HAVE A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS! I HAVE BEEN BACKGROUND CHECKED! I AM LICENSED BY THE STATE TO CARRY A FIREARM! AND IN MY OPINION YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE AWAY MY RIGHTS IF YOU ARE A PUBLIC BUSINESS!

And it is MY OPINION that I seek a law to protect my rights in ALL PUBLIC PLACES! Just like constitutional rights of others are protected in all public places. You can choose to be a Muslim, I cannot CHOOSE to refuse service to you because of it

If we are going to allow constitutional rights to be trampled on then in my place of business I want to refuse entry to Muslims! AND as a business owner I want the right to throw them out BECAUSE they CHOSE to be a Muslim. My property right?

It's my opinion, I will vote for representatives that will support my right to carry anywhere publically regardless of who owns it. And no one is going to change my mind. THAT IS MY RIGHT!

Rant off
well Moby, it appears to me that you have little to no respect for the rights of others. a business even open to the general public is still private property and as such, they do have the right to refuse service to anyone they choose to, and that's a fact. most states that have CC, and you are found to be carrying in an establishment that has the proper signage prohibiting carrying of a firearm, you will be asked to leave or you can be in some states arrested and have your CC permit revoked. so Moby, if you were caught carrying, and asked to leave would you? if not, then you would be arrested for trespassing!

somehow you have the foolish notion that your right to carry, supercedes anothers rights to what they may or may not allow on their property. and you seem to believe that we need laws to support your right to carry and trample those of a business owner. i'm sorry, but IMO, you are a poor example of people who CC and hope you learn to change your views before you end up being caught up in a bad situation.

you have choices. if you don't agree with a business' policy of not allowing CC or not, don't do business there, and go elsewhere. but you sir need to learn to respect the rights of others if you want them to respect yours. by your posts, i see that you haven't learned this very well. waht i see in your posts is that it has to with your rights and other peoples rights be damned. that is selfish and a piss poor attitude.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well Moby, it appears to me that you have little to no respect for the rights of others. a business even open to the general public is still private property and as such, they do have the right to refuse service to anyone they choose to, and that's a fact. most states that have CC, and you are found to be carrying in an establishment that has the proper signage prohibiting carrying of a firearm, you will be asked to leave or you can be in some states arrested and have your CC permit revoked. so Moby, if you were caught carrying, and asked to leave would you? if not, then you would be arrested for trespassing!

somehow you have the foolish notion that your right to carry, supercedes anothers rights to what they may or may not allow on their property. and you seem to believe that we need laws to support your right to carry and trample those of a business owner. i'm sorry, but IMO, you are a poor example of people who CC and hope you learn to change your views before you end up being caught up in a bad situation.

you have choices. if you don't agree with a business' policy of not allowing CC or not, don't do business there, and go elsewhere. but you sir need to learn to respect the rights of others if you want them to respect yours. by your posts, i see that you haven't learned this very well. waht i see in your posts is that it has to with your rights and other peoples rights be damned. that is selfish and a piss poor attitude.
Axxe, i'm sure glad you type so much better than me!
I have to just use the short version or i'd wear out my typin FINGER

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 11-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #87

Quote:
Axxe, i'm sure glad you type so much better than me!
I have to just use the short version or i'd wear out my typin FINGER
Hossfly, i don't use my fingers. i use my nose to type!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Hossfly, i don't use my fingers. i use my nose to type!
OMG- Pic please!

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #89

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

In Wisconsin so long as you are not drinking you can carry in any establishment that sells alcohol. Provided that individual establishment does not prohibit it.
As for carrying in an place that prohibits it - whose rights are more important?

Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #90

Quote:
OMG- Pic please!
NAH! i use my fingers just like most people! just wanted fun with you a little Hossfly!