Hooters doesn't give a Hoot about your CHL - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Hooters doesn't give a Hoot about your CHL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

Business owners have rights too. Smoking is not illegal in hotels. But I have chosen to make my hotel all non smoking. Smokers often boycott me. That is their right. And it is also mine. I do not frequent business' with a no guns policy. That is their right. And it is mine not to patronize them.

By the way 80% of hotel fire are started by smokers. You are much safer to stay at a non smoking hotel. Just go outside to smoke.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #22

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Some very good points made in these posts.

1. Concealed means concealed.
The original post over at Texas CHL Forums stated the manager saw the bulge of a firearm (called "printing") and should not have.
2. In Texas a sign must be of legal size, content, color etc to apply.
That being said I ignore improper signs as I choose to "follow the law" to the letter before I'll give up my constitutional rights. If it's legally written in "Dog ****" I'll follow it. However I'll avoid such places if I can. An example is at a medical building (not a hospital) where I see one of my doctors there is a "non conforming" sign. I ignore it as I must go in there. But if the same sign was on a restaurant I'll ask for the manager and tell him why I will not go it. Then I post every where so other 2nd
amendment supporters can make their own decision about supporting that business.
3. The intent of the post was to inform others so they may make a decision to patronize Hooters or not. I will not patronize any establishment that steps on my rights as a licensed, law abiding citizen. I hope others will choose the same. When there is an active shooter where CHL holders are time and time again they have been engaged and stopped. Something we should all support.

As for a business owners “rights”. I am torn on this. I hope for a law in Texas that stops businesses from stepping on constitutional rights. Just as there are laws forbidding discrimination against color (something a business owner cannot do) , I hope for laws against discriminating against those that choose to have the means to protect themselves legally.

Last edited by Moby; 10-31-2012 at 01:19 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #23

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

I liked your post except for the last part. The moment the government steps in and tells business owners that they can not choose to put up no gun signs is the moment that what is left of a property owner's rights slips away. I do not like that there are businesses out there that have these signs up, but it is their right to do so and I will not attempt to change it by rule of law. Instead I do my best to make it financially wise to take those signs down.

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”
People Like This 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10715 Times on 4638 Posts
Likes Given: 1740

1. Laws vary from state to state. What is legal in one will get you an unplanned vacation in another. Know the laws in the place where YOU are, and do not assume they are the same everywhere.

2. Their business, their call. My money, my call.
People Like This 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #25

Eturnsdale your opion is so noted.
However I disagree, just as a business owner cannot step on the consitutional rights of a person of color or religion, I do not want my consitutional rights stepped on.

There is a misconception about the rights business owners have. I am a business owner. In a food estabolishment I can say "no shoes, no shirt, no service" OR I could allow serving food to no shirts and no shoes. I could not discriminate against constitutional rights.

The difference is businesses are typically "public" places. NOT private property. This is a very big difference. It's not your home or your backyard.

I would like to see a national consitutional carry law protecting my rights just as skin color is protected.

Regardless it is simply my wish and something not ever likely to happen.
In fact if I had my way EVERY man would be requiered to have a CHL.
But no one is likely to make me KING.
But brother if they did would I be making some changes fast! LOL
wvumounties8 Likes This 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
Eturnsdale your opion is so noted.
However I disagree, just as a business owner cannot step on the consitutional rights of a person of color or religion, I do not want my consitutional rights stepped on.

There is a misconception about the rights business owners have. I am a business owner. In a food estabolishment I can say "no shoes, no shirt, no service" OR I could allow serving food to no shirts and no shoes. I could not discriminate against constitutional rights.

The difference is businesses are typically "public" places. NOT private property. This is a very big difference. It's not your home or your backyard.

I would like to see a national consitutional carry law protecting my rights just as skin color is protected.

Regardless it is simply my wish and something not ever likely to happen.
In fact if I had my way EVERY man would be requiered to have a CHL.
But no one is likely to make me KING.
But brother if they did would I be making some changes fast! LOL
It is actually private property (at least as defined by law in every state Ive been to). And the whole thing about not being able to refuse service to a person of color,,,,, You can choose not to be armed. You can not choose your race. There is where the difference lay.

And we already have a national constitutional carry law. It just isn't adhered to.

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”
People Like This 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #27
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1692 Times on 982 Posts
Likes Given: 4110

I will add this;

In the state of Florida, it is illegal to carry a firearm into a business that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises. That would cover Hooters, T.G.I.Friday's and just about any other restaurant in that genre.

I frequent those restaurants, but I am not unarmed.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
wvumounties8 Likes This 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #28

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
I will add this;

In the state of Florida, it is illegal to carry a firearm into a business that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises. That would cover Hooters, T.G.I.Friday's and just about any other restaurant in that genre.

Then you don't mind breaking the law-- Where do you draw the line?
People Like This 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #29

Here in Texas a restaurant that sells alcohol but makes 51% of it's money from food can have CHL holders in it. Any bar making more money from booz than food must put up a 51% sign and we cannot carry in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
I will add this;

Old 10-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Then you don't mind breaking the law-- Where do you draw the line?
For me, if I can go someplace else to accomplish the same goal and carry legally I will do so. If not,,, I am never unarmed.

wvumounties8 Likes This