Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Hooters doesn't give a Hoot about your CHL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
If you're carrying "concealed" no one should be able to tell you're carrying unless you're trying to make some kind of political statement by making sure someone does see it. People who are serious and responsible about PERSEC keep it hidden and keep quiet about it because it's tactically advantageous not to draw attention to the fact that you are armed.
Exactly!!!

Member of NRA, GOA, USCCA, USACarry, WVSRPA, WVCDL, IAAI, WVIAAI and FOPA #5 Chemical City Lodge.

CWP Holder - Saint Albans, Kanawha County, West Virginia

Montani Semper Liberi and Molon Labe!

Non Sibi Sed Patriae......... Not for self, but for Country

Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #132

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
If you're carrying "concealed" no one should be able to tell you're carrying unless you're trying to make some kind of political statement by making sure someone does see it. People who are serious and responsible about PERSEC keep it hidden and keep quiet about it because it's tactically advantageous not to draw attention to the fact that you are armed.
Sure you can do that and should...but you'ld like to feel you have 100% backing and support, that's what's being discussed here.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Sure you can do that and should...but you'ld like to feel you have 100% backing and support, that's what's being discussed here.
Huh???? Your comment is a tad confusing to the quote your quoting...........maybe I am an idiot, but it doesn't compute, to me.

Member of NRA, GOA, USCCA, USACarry, WVSRPA, WVCDL, IAAI, WVIAAI and FOPA #5 Chemical City Lodge.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #134

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvumounties8 View Post
Huh???? Your comment is a tad confusing to the quote your quoting...........maybe I am an idiot, but it doesn't compute, to me.
#1) Carry your pistol as you said...anywhere you like, but discreetly.

#2) However, the backing of laws and statuates while carrying in any establishment would be nice, agreed?. That way, should things go bad...you were within your rights to have it with you.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
wvumounties8 Likes This 
Old 11-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
#1) Carry your pistol as you said...anywhere you like, but discreetly.

#2) However, the backing of laws and statuates while carrying in any establishment would be nice, agreed?. That way, should things go bad...you were within your rights to have it with you.
okey dokey, gottcha now........................momentary brain fart, sorry!!

Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #136
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 1717 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus03 View Post
I am wondering how a business is prevented from discriminating against certain groups. But allowed to prevent others (concealed carry persons) from being allowed. A right which one can argue is protected and guaranteed by the Constitution.
It really very simple. Handicapped people and people of color are a group they had no choice in belonging to. Concealed carry people are not.

Disabled people are not able to shed their disabilities in order to please a restaurant owner. People of color cannot peel their skin off just to fit in with other restaurant patrons. Their condition if you will is not readily altered. Can you say the same about a person concealing a firearm?

If you think you have as many rights as a restaurant owner, check with a smoker. He'll tell you all about your rights in privately owned businesses.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #137

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
It really very simple. Handicapped people and people of color are a group they had no choice in belonging to. Concealed carry people are not.

Disabled people are not able to shed their disabilities in order to please a restaurant owner. People of color cannot peel their skin off just to fit in with other restaurant patrons. Their condition if you will is not readily altered. Can you say the same about a person concealing a firearm?

Quote:
If you think you have as many rights as a restaurant owner, check with a smoker. He'll tell you all about your rights in privately owned businesses.
Dam skippy-----

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #138
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1286 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 3195

I have made a statement on here concerning this issue already, but I will add one more thing.

Just because I cannot carry my weapon into an establishment that serves alcohol on the premises does not mean that I will not go in.

If I happen to be armed and decide to eat at one of those places, it takes about a second to lock it up in my vehicle.

I may not have my pistol, but I am never unarmed.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #139

Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I would rather be ALIVE & in trouble for carrying inside that establishment.

Than be unarmed & DEAD!

Your Choice!

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #140

Liked 903 Times on 576 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A
I have made a statement on here concerning this issue already, but I will add one more thing.

Just because I cannot carry my weapon into an establishment that serves alcohol on the premises does not mean that I will not go in.

If I happen to be armed and decide to eat at one of those places, it takes about a second to lock it up in my vehicle.

I may not have my pistol, but I am never unarmed.
Me neither, I always carry my Leatherman! Wouldn't even have to use the knife blade, grab someone under the arm with the pliers I guarantee you they will do as you say!

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.