Hooters doesn't give a Hoot about your CHL - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Hooters doesn't give a Hoot about your CHL

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

BECAUSE you are trying to enforce your rights on others! you are trying to dictate what a business owner can or cannot do with regards to his establishment!

simply put, i can deny service to anyone i want to for any reason i feel is important to me in my business, because it belongs to me, not you! in a privately owned business on private property i have that right. if someone doesn't agree with it, they are free to go elsewhere.

as Vincent said very simply, your rights end at my property line! and that's where mine begin!
Perhaps if moby were to actualy read the constitution AND have it explained to him he might understand?
__________________
Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET
HOSSFLY is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #112
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Moby,

This is an excellent argument and the most concise and intelligent rebuttal of the "property rights" argument as it applies to restriction of CCW that I've seen yet.

Good job Sir!

Tack


Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
As you stated just because it's your opinion does not mean you're right.
In fact you are very wrong.

Try not serving blacks because it's "important" to you.
Constituionally protected
Try not serving Jews because it's "important" to you.
Constituionally protected
Try to get a bulding permit to open that business without handicap ramps.
Constituionally protected

ALL ON YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY!
ALL CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED!


That is my point sir. The whole constitution, not just part of it.
I've made my point as clearly as I know how.
I mean no offense to anyone. It's just my committment to my oath.
Something I take very seriouly. If it's in the constitution, it's protected.
I feel it's really that simple. And if it's changed then it's changed.
And I'll still support it still.
I have nothing further to add.
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #113
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dionysus03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 39
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

should not make abit of difference because of the size of the company or business. what is the difference between a board of directors or one man making policy decisions? none IMO.

if we don't agee with their policies, then by gosh, use your wallet to vote. we have the right and freedom of choice to do business with those who are in line with our rights and freedoms. and as such IMO, we should always respect the rights and wishes of others, even wehn we don't agree with them if we want others to respect our rights and wishes.
You know that whole "we should always respect the rights and wishes of others, even when we don't agree with them if we want others to respect our rights and wishes" doesn't work very well in the real world. Just a thought from somebody with real-world experience.

Also, wishes have no place in the same discussion as rights. They are two extremely different ideas. Much the same as the argument of wants vs needs. So which is it?
Dionysus03 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #114
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22234 Times on 12459 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus03 View Post
You know that whole "we should always respect the rights and wishes of others, even when we don't agree with them if we want others to respect our rights and wishes" doesn't work very well in the real world. Just a thought from somebody with real-world experience.

Also, wishes have no place in the same discussion as rights. They are two extremely different ideas. Much the same as the argument of wants vs needs. So which is it?
you are within your rights to believe what you wish, but maybe you need to learn to respect others rights even when you don't agree with them first, before saying that doesn't work in the real world. have you actually practiced this or merely saying something you think is witty. i have much real world experiance and try to practice what i preach.

and did you growing up abide by your parents wishes? or just do as you pleased?
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #115
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dionysus03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 39
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

you are within your rights to believe what you wish, but maybe you need to learn to respect others rights even when you don't agree with them first, before saying that doesn't work in the real world. have you actually practiced this or merely saying something you think is witty. i have much real world experiance and try to practice what i preach.

and did you growing up abide by your parents wishes? or just do as you pleased?
So now you are bringing the debate of whether minors have any rights into this discussion? Because I think that while they do - they are much more limited than adults' rights.

So your argument is that others' rights supersede your own? That seems like an outlook of a sheep to me.

To answer your question. Yes - I do have real world experience.
Dionysus03 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #116
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22234 Times on 12459 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus03 View Post
So now you are bringing the debate of whether minors have any rights into this discussion? Because I think that while they do - they are much more limited than adults' rights.

So your argument is that others' rights supersede your own? That seems like an outlook of a sheep to me.

To answer your question. Yes - I do have real world experience.
children by law have no rights until they reach the age of 18 or are divorced from their parents.

careful as to who you are refering to as a sheep. i am no sheep by any means and comments like that are bordering on being insulting. an apology on your part is expected shortly!
Axxe55 is offline  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #117
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1434 Times on 811 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
children by law have no rights until they reach the age of 18 or are divorced from their parents.

careful as to who you are referring to as a sheep. i am no sheep by any means and comments like that are bordering on being insulting. an apology on your part is expected shortly!
I agree but I think the legal term is emancipated.

Divorce is a social union term, not a biological connection.

No insult intended to your personal anecdote. ** much respect axxe **

cane
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #118
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22234 Times on 12459 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I agree but I think the legal term is emancipated.

Divorce is a social union term, not a biological connection.

No insult intended to your personal anecdote. ** much respect axxe **

cane
thank you Cane. that was the word i was thinking of.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #119
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1434 Times on 811 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
thank you Cane. that was the word i was thinking of.
my friend.
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #120
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
wvumounties8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Likes Given: 39

Default

Agree with all of you. The food is terrible there anyway, so why bother.
__________________
Member of NRA, GOA, USCCA, USACarry, WVSRPA, WVCDL, IAAI, WVIAAI and FOPA #5 Chemical City Lodge.

CWP Holder - Saint Albans, Kanawha County, West Virginia

Montani Semper Liberi and Molon Labe!

Non Sibi Sed Patriae......... Not for self, but for Country
wvumounties8 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Hooters ... it's whats for dinner!!! :) dog2000tj The Club House 45 08-05-2012 05:19 PM
This is ridiculous-stupid Hooters skullcrusher The Club House 20 05-22-2010 11:16 PM
Give this a try plasticman Ammunition & Reloading 26 04-03-2010 11:23 PM
Boy, They never give up! layton Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 08-13-2009 04:27 PM