You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

The Home Invasion Dilemma Discussion & Scenarios


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
USMC-Hat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 36
Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Somebody is paranoid and doesn't understand how to research stats.
USMC-Hat is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Old 08-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NC1760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,104
Liked 845 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
You lost me here 'take on softer targets'?
I am a two tour combat vet who went into LE, what does this have to do with the militarization of LE, and over/miss use of it??
Cases in point;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-w-whitehead/swat-team-mania-the-war-a_b_875967.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/11/how-the-war-on-terror-has-militarized-the-police/248047/
...and while we're stating creds here, I am the son of an LEO.... so don't think the only exposure to the Po-po in my life has been totally negative.
...and by "soft targets" I am refering to the fact that they know who. what and where to find REAL criminal eliments... but prefer to hassle skateborders and otherwise ordinary citizems trying to just get on with their daily lives instead. Don't believe me...???? Youtube is FULL of videos of this....
NC1760 is offline  
 
Old 08-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 14,413
Liked 11597 Times on 6140 Posts
Likes Given: 11254

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Cases in point;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-w-whitehead/swat-team-mania-the-war-a_b_875967.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/11/how-the-war-on-terror-has-militarized-the-police/248047/
...and while we're stating creds here, I am the son of an LEO.... so don't think the only exposure to the Po-po in my life has been totally negative.
...and by "soft targets" I am refering to the fact that they know who. what and where to find REAL criminal eliments... but prefer to hassle skateborders and otherwise ordinary citizems trying to just get on with their daily lives instead. Don't believe me...???? Youtube is FULL of videos of this....


Gotta throw the big red BULLSH!T flag on that one! That is just flat wrong! If you get yur news from Youtube, well........................

__________________
When you go home, tell them of us and say:

"For your tomorrow, we gave our today."
locutus is offline  
 
Old 08-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NC1760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,104
Liked 845 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

Gotta throw the big red BULLSH!T flag on that one! That is just flat wrong! If you get yur news from Youtube, well........................

[/B]
Never SAID I got my NEWS from Youtube..... but I did list two viable stories with backed up facts and stats... and all I have to say related to this original thread is anyone can kick in your door at 2am and start yelling "POLICE!!".... but whatever. I don't have time for a pissing match right now. I'm walking away from this campfire.... Please continue on without me.
NC1760 is offline  
 
Old 08-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Police in general, specially city police are very poorly trained these days. I see some of these guys at the range and I wonder what the standards for qualification are these days.
roberteast is offline  
 
Old 08-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 14,413
Liked 11597 Times on 6140 Posts
Likes Given: 11254

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberteast View Post
Police in general, specially city police are very poorly trained these days. I see some of these guys at the range and I wonder what the standards for qualification are these days.
With the lame federal regulations and crazy court decisions, it a freakin' miracle that they allow the Academy to teach as much as they do.

When you are required to teach new officers that they carry a side am to "frighten" the bad guys, but they really aren't allowed to shoot them, is it any wonder they don't take firearms training more seriously???
__________________
When you go home, tell them of us and say:

"For your tomorrow, we gave our today."
locutus is offline  
 
Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Salem,Oregon
Posts: 1,308
Liked 709 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 1459

Default

My complaint with the SWAT teams is there are the raids on the wrong address. They should make sure the location is correct before making a raid. There should be some one responsible to verify the location BEFORE the raid.

David Koresh could have been arrested while out jogging. There was no need for all those people to be killed. The Feds were clearly out of bounds on that one.

Last edited by Mongo; 08-14-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Mongo is offline  
JimRau Likes This 
Old 08-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #38
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rochester WI,Rochester WI
Posts: 19,861
Liked 7380 Times on 3940 Posts
Likes Given: 584

Default

This is done.
__________________
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
JonM is offline  
3
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Home invasion NvRbanArms Legal and Activism 35 04-17-2012 04:43 PM
home invasion or murder?? JonM Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 33 09-12-2011 12:07 PM
No go home invasion zhuk The Club House 2 10-14-2010 09:17 PM
Attempted Home Invasion Dizzll The Club House 60 03-02-2010 02:06 AM