The Home Invasion Dilemma Discussion & Scenarios - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Home Invasion Dilemma Discussion & Scenarios

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

Somebody is paranoid and doesn't understand how to research stats.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #32

Liked 759 Times on 422 Posts
Likes Given: 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
You lost me here 'take on softer targets'?
I am a two tour combat vet who went into LE, what does this have to do with the militarization of LE, and over/miss use of it??
Cases in point;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-w-whitehead/swat-team-mania-the-war-a_b_875967.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/11/how-the-war-on-terror-has-militarized-the-police/248047/
...and while we're stating creds here, I am the son of an LEO.... so don't think the only exposure to the Po-po in my life has been totally negative.
...and by "soft targets" I am refering to the fact that they know who. what and where to find REAL criminal eliments... but prefer to hassle skateborders and otherwise ordinary citizems trying to just get on with their daily lives instead. Don't believe me...???? Youtube is FULL of videos of this....

Old 08-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Cases in point;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-w-whitehead/swat-team-mania-the-war-a_b_875967.html
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/11/how-the-war-on-terror-has-militarized-the-police/248047/
...and while we're stating creds here, I am the son of an LEO.... so don't think the only exposure to the Po-po in my life has been totally negative.
...and by "soft targets" I am refering to the fact that they know who. what and where to find REAL criminal eliments... but prefer to hassle skateborders and otherwise ordinary citizems trying to just get on with their daily lives instead. Don't believe me...???? Youtube is FULL of videos of this....

Gotta throw the big red BULLSH!T flag on that one! That is just flat wrong! If you get yur news from Youtube, well........................

Winston Churchill

Old 08-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #34

Liked 759 Times on 422 Posts
Likes Given: 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

Gotta throw the big red BULLSH!T flag on that one! That is just flat wrong! If you get yur news from Youtube, well........................

[/B]
Never SAID I got my NEWS from Youtube..... but I did list two viable stories with backed up facts and stats... and all I have to say related to this original thread is anyone can kick in your door at 2am and start yelling "POLICE!!".... but whatever. I don't have time for a pissing match right now. I'm walking away from this campfire.... Please continue on without me.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Police in general, specially city police are very poorly trained these days. I see some of these guys at the range and I wonder what the standards for qualification are these days.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5934 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberteast View Post
Police in general, specially city police are very poorly trained these days. I see some of these guys at the range and I wonder what the standards for qualification are these days.
With the lame federal regulations and crazy court decisions, it a freakin' miracle that they allow the Academy to teach as much as they do.

When you are required to teach new officers that they carry a side am to "frighten" the bad guys, but they really aren't allowed to shoot them, is it any wonder they don't take firearms training more seriously???

Winston Churchill

Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 241 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 760

My complaint with the SWAT teams is there are the raids on the wrong address. They should make sure the location is correct before making a raid. There should be some one responsible to verify the location BEFORE the raid.

David Koresh could have been arrested while out jogging. There was no need for all those people to be killed. The Feds were clearly out of bounds on that one.

Last edited by Mongo; 08-14-2013 at 02:52 PM.
JimRau Likes This 
Old 08-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

This is done.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Closed Thread