The Home Invasion Dilemma Discussion & Scenarios - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

The Home Invasion Dilemma Discussion & Scenarios

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 01:33 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2304 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 1240

[quote=readygirl;1333987]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I would love to go to a real American doughnut shop myself. [

If your ever in the Cincy area i will take you to the greatest doughnut shop ever. Its a family run 70yr old shop in a little town a few miles from my house. Their glazed, creme horns, and apple fritters are the best you will ever find. If you go by there 3am, you will roll your windows down, and let the wonderful smell coming from that building flow in....
STOP IT RIGHT NOW, I can't take any more of this!!!
Did you not hear when I said I was an old cop, stop torturing me, PLEASE!!!!
readygirl Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #22
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2106 Times on 1240 Posts
Likes Given: 4539

[quote=JimRau;1333999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post

STOP IT RIGHT NOW, I can't take any more of this!!!
Did you not hear when I said I was an old cop, stop torturing me, PLEASE!!!!
Could not help myself:

The Home Invasion Dilemma  Discussion & Scenarios - Legal and Activism

Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts and the favorite Swiss Alps Bakery (German)! The pretzels are off the chart!

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 08-13-2013 at 02:05 AM.
readygirl Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Everyone knows for bears ya lay down a sheet of plywood before the doors and windows that are spiked with nails.
Even better with some poop on the nails. Bears don't wear shoes.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
That will work for us 'old' cops, but not the new guys. They will not even stop at a doughnut shop for fear of the 'image'! Like I said, times they are a changin!
That is no good! We don't need anybody having a blood sugar crash when they are pulling me over for some stupidity or other.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #25
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1696 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 4120

I live in a 2 BDRM apartment on the second floor. And depending on which way I am facing at the time my sleep is disturbed, I either grab my Mossberg loaded with #6 shot and 00 Buck or my 1911 loaded with hollow point / ball ammo. There is no way into my place without creating a bottle neck situation guaranteeing mass casualties.

On the flip side of this, the majority of the people that live in my complex are either military or LEO's. If they all work for the wrong team, I think that I am screwed.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
locutus Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #26

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
This over militarization of LE is not a good thing!! Thats the truth.
Not without proper training... or exercising restraint. Hopefully some returning vets with combat experience will find their way into LEO ranks. There will always be a need for specialized tactics against certain eliments of criminals in our society.... but it seems many within law enforcement would rather take on... softer targets these days.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:11 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2304 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 1240

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Not without proper training... or exercising restraint. Hopefully some returning vets with combat experience will find their way into LEO ranks. There will always be a need for specialized tactics against certain eliments of criminals in our society.... but it seems many within law enforcement would rather take on... softer targets these days.
You lost me here 'take on softer targets'?
I am a two tour combat vet who went into LE, what does this have to do with the militarization of LE, and over/miss use of it??

Old 08-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #28

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Both my brothers are LEO. My Dad is retired LEO. Growing up, most of my friends were cops kids. My Mom was never more than 10ft from the scanner when Dad was on duty. Dad never strayed too far from a scanner when he was off duty, in case one of his buddies needed help. At his retirement party she broke down in tears, and said to him "we made it". If you want to find out how much fuzz you have on your nuts...Go out and pull over a car that matches the description of the one just used in an armed robery/ shooting on a dark country road by yourself....Thats my Dad...thats what they do. I have a very short fuse for "cop haters".. Sure,,there are a few bad apples like in any other line of work. But Most all of them are good people, who have sworn to defend us against enemys foreign AND DOMESTIC...If asked to do something they know is not right..would refuse to do it.....

Last edited by readygirl; 08-14-2013 at 02:23 AM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 08-14-2013, 03:07 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8021 Times on 4386 Posts
Likes Given: 7763

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Both my brothers are LEO. My Dad is retired LEO. Growing up, most of my friends were cops kids. My Mom was never more than 10ft from the scanner when Dad was on duty. Dad never strayed too far from a scanner when he was off duty, in case one of his buddies needed help. At his retirement party she broke down in tears, and said to him "we made it". If you want to find out how much fuzz you have on your nuts...Go out and pull over a car that matches the description of the one just used in an armed robery/ shooting on a dark country road by yourself....Thats my Dad...thats what they do. I have a very short fuse for "cop haters".. Sure,,there are a few bad apples like in any other line of work. But Most all of them are good people, who have sworn to defend us against enemys foreign AND DOMESTIC...If asked to do something they know is not right..would refuse to do it.....
Thank you. From all of us that wore the badge.

Or at least they did before political correctness
readygirl Likes This 
Old 08-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #30

Liked 1310 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 633

Readygirl, I have several very good friends that wear a badge,and have always had the utmost respect for them.
But around my parts I have very little respect for about 90% of the other LEO's. I know times have changed,but my generation grew up with manners,respect,and a firm belief in treating others the way we want to be treated.
We also grew up being taught not to take crap from anyone that doesn't show you respect,and about 90% of the LEO's that I have met in my adult life think they are Rambo with a badge,and think they can just order someone around. That doesn't work too well with an old country redneck,that is pretty versed in my legal rights.
North American Hunting Club

Closed Thread