Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Home invasion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #21
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Me, personally, I would try to avoid shooting anybody......ever. I would only shoot if the BG kept coming at me. I would give him/her a chance or two to change their mind. But that is just my opinion.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #22

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvRbanArms

Same here also. If u r in my home where my wife n kid sleep and u were not welcomed in. U r getting shot. Not in the face, but I would aim torso or lower.
Id shoot em in the face with the 12G and my magnums lol

Old 03-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree it's an absolute stupid law. Now get this, the lawyers I have consulted about this have also told me that if I do shoot someone in my home after they have broken in and they live.... They could sue me!! Is that messed up or what?

Beretta Neos .22lr, SA XDm .45, Colt Cobra .38 Special, Remington 1100 12 guage, Browning Citori 20 guage, New England Firearms 20 guage...

Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5244 Times on 2735 Posts
Likes Given: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmGreek View Post
I agree it's an absolute stupid law. Now get this, the lawyers I have consulted about this have also told me that if I do shoot someone in my home after they have broken in and they live.... They could sue me!! Is that messed up or what?
the goblin family will sue you in illinoise even if the goblin trying to kill you and rape your 6 month old baby dies in the attempt.

wisconsin just passed a castle law that prevents law suits if the shoot was determined to be justifiable self defense.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #25
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1607 Times on 838 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Good point. But I was thinking if you shoot someone and you warned them first, they have a chance to 'chance their minds'. It's kind of like "Don't say I didn't warn you!"
Oh I’d warn them: “I’m calling 911”; “You better get out of my house you if you know what’s good for you.”; “This is your last chance.”; Or words to that effect. They’d have the chance to reconsider. I just wouldn't say, "Stop or I'll shoot you." in case they had a gun too.

Last edited by Vincine; 03-27-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1711 Times on 933 Posts
Likes Given: 545

If an intruder is armed I am shooting first. If the intruder is not armed, I might give a warning. If I can not determin if the intruder is armed, I will shoot and make sure he is armed when the police get there. Keep a weapon of some sort in the house that you have not touched bare handed and make sure his prints are all over it not just on the handle. Could even be a realistic toy gun that is all black.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #27

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

JTJ not trying to be a buttface. But you probably shouldn't say that. If you ever did have to defend your home prosecutors could use that post against you.

Not trying to be mean...just trying to look out for ya.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 03-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #28
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
If an intruder is armed I am shooting first. If the intruder is not armed, I might give a warning. If I can not determin if the intruder is armed, I will shoot and make sure he is armed when the police get there. Keep a weapon of some sort in the house that you have not touched bare handed and make sure his prints are all over it not just on the handle. Could even be a realistic toy gun that is all black.
NO way on God's green earth would I do something like that. That is trouble with a capital T.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm lake county il, if they are in my home uninvited, my gun will be pointed at them. 1st warning that I'm not f******* around. One command only get down on the ground. Doesn't listen to that. Im asuming he has a intent to harm my family. Resulting in one shot bad guy. I'm not going to waist my time dialing 911. If ever in that situation never fire a warning shot. The odds of using your hd gun is in the favor of never shooting it. there is a lot to home defense, and it will greatly minimize the chances of a forced entry or if the bg will even stick around after a first attempt of trying to enter your house.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Old 03-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #30

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Are you stupid? Why the hell would you post that on the internet? Not to mention making a decision like that is just asking for trouble.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity