Home break in foiled by a .40

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Home break in foiled by a .40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Home break in foiled by a .40

So I live here in south Florida and this happened the other day. Read the article and be sure to watch the attached video. Now I can tell you if it was my house there would be two less Bad Guys out there. It is just a good thing that the home owner was armed or else this could have ended up very differently. Break In

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Home Defense

This is the reason I keep my 12 ga. loaded with 3.5'' 00 buck magnum. If I would have shot thru that window it would have taken this guy down and may be the one next to him, and a chance to take out the driver. Shoot first, answer questions later.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #3

That neighbor in the video is a douchebag! He's glad that bullet didn't strike his house across the street? How about being glad that your neighbors aren't dead! How about being glad that one of your neighbors stood up to these thugs and lowered the chances of them trying this act in his neighborhood again!
People.

Evil Conservative Hate-monger.

Calle

Old 07-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This case shows something I've been kind of concerned about: What would happen if I get cop impersonators trying or breaking in at home or what would happen if they are real cops and I think they are not, I mean ,it happened before that cops get the wrong guy and might show up with an arrest order or search warrant for the wrong person, I recently saw in the news how cops broke in the middle of the night with a search warrant to an old's lady home, I was glad that they didn't give the lady a stroke,this is in Southamerica where I live but I`m sure it happens elsewhere.
What if thet are cops and I shoot at them, and what if they are not and I don`t...
Glad this one came out with no harm to the home owners.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I thought about that also "Cop Impersonators", If cops are trying to crow bar my door and then my window with masks on no less i doubt there real. Plus they really don't have a reason to kick down my door in the first place. To be honest I really don't know what i would do. I would like to say I would wait till they crawled through the window then shot em dead in my living room, but your adrenaline has to be pumping so hard.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat4sti View Post
I thought about that also "Cop Impersonators", If cops are trying to crow bar my door and then my window with masks on no less i doubt there real. Plus they really don't have a reason to kick down my door in the first place. To be honest I really don't know what i would do. I would like to say I would wait till they crawled through the window then shot em dead in my living room, but your adrenaline has to be pumping so hard.
Agreed ,in this case they looked pretty suspicious,but what about if they do a better job impersonating cops and at busting in your home,or just at impersonating cops and knocking at your door claiming they have a search or arrest warrant and they want to come in..? Tough call IMHO...

Last edited by kcolg; 07-15-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, its a tough call indeed...