A holstered gun is concealed:Miss law

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A holstered gun is concealed:Miss law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 194 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Default A holstered gun is concealed:Miss law

State supreme court says open carry is ok. Previous laws considered a holster as a device for concealing the gun.

http://www.volokh.com/2013/10/15/strange-career-mississippis-bans-gun-carrying/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 681 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
State supreme court says open carry is ok. Previous laws considered a holster as a device for concealing the gun.

http://www.volokh.com/2013/10/15/strange-career-mississippis-bans-gun-carrying/
The article is correct in stating that House Bill 2 has been passed and the State Supreme Court has backed it, allowing it to be put into effect. HB 2 redefined the concealed carry law previously written and passed in 1992 which, as a practical measure, nullified the OC provision written into the Mississippi State Constitution in 1890.

The article is grossly incorrect in trying to tie this in with “Jim Crow laws,” As I write above, the restrictive Concealed Carry law was written in 1992, and cannot possibly have any connection to “Jim Crow.”

The article is also incorrect in stating that CC licenses were “granted by local authorities to only favored ones.” Concealed Carry permits are issued by the State. Applications for CC are taken at the MHP offices and fingerprints are taken at the same place by a State official...and supplied by the state.

Multiple inaccuracies in the article, as well as in the clickable link within the article makes this a link to take with a grain of salt.

“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is far worse than you can imagine.”

Old 10-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Both of my brotherinlaws have the enhanced permits and had no trouble getting them. They are not "connected" with law enforcement.

I have been getting by just fine on car carry (and desk) and open carry just makes the transition better.

IIRC the open carry deal also keeps permitted concealed carriers from having to worry about "printing" or accidentally exposing their pistol momentarily (wardrobe malfunction).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 10-17-2013 at 12:59 AM.
ellis36 Likes This