Holding a criminal at gun point - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Holding a criminal at gun point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I live with four roommates who NEVER lock doors.... My roommates lock the door now I win

Good for you!! Sometimes people need to have a peek into the darkness to make them believe in monsters.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #62

Likes Given: 2

Long and difficult topic to discuss, with lots of good points brought up by many participants.

I will just make this short and sweet, the law will be whatever the college educated idiot prosucutor says it is. What is written in black and white isn't what's important. What's important is how the college educated idiot prosecutor interprets the law.

The final interpretation will be for a Judge or Jury, but the college educated idiot is the one that starts the whole ball of wax rolling. I've met a few prosecutors in my time. Some are good, but most are idiots.

My advice would be to sit down with a local defense attorney and find out the mood of the court in your area. Ask about what is perceived by the local college educated idiots as allowed and not allowed. Most college educated idiots have faced nothing more lethal than a papercut, yet are tasked with deciding to bring forth charges in a lethal case. That's a lot of responsibility to hand to someone that doesn't have much of a clue. For example, I can think of a lot of cases where shooting an unarmed attacker, or even shooting someone in the back is the proper and justified legal response.

Your job, should you be unfortunate enough to expirience any defensive scenario, is to be able to articulate why you did what you did and how it was in compliance with the law. Most lawyers don't even know this stuff, as 99% of their clients are guilty, and they know it.

Good luck.

Biker

Last edited by BikerRN; 05-19-2011 at 05:49 AM. Reason: add bold type

Old 05-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #63
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3309 Times on 1839 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
Long and difficult topic to discuss, with lots of good points brought up by many participants.

I will just make this short and sweet, the law will be whatever the college educated idiot prosucutor says it is. What is written in black and white isn't what's important. What's important is how the college educated idiot prosecutor interprets the law.

The final interpretation will be for a Judge or Jury, but the college educated idiot is the one that starts the whole ball of wax rolling.

Biker
Yep, agree completely with this. Like I said all things are subject to interpretation and interpretation is more a function of power than actual reality

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #64

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Lets all just hope we are alerted to the intruder before he/she has gained the upper hand i.e. is standing over us while we lay in bed or worse yet has already put a round or blade into us or a loved one. To often you here stories of people being killed in their sleep w/o having a chance to defend their life.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #65

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

We continue to be exasperated by the view, apparently gaining momentum in certain circles, that armed robbery is okay as long as nobody gets hurt! The proper solution to armed robbery is a dead robber, on the scene. - Jeff Cooper

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello