Holding a criminal at gun point - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Holding a criminal at gun point

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 02:08 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteZaHut View Post
Exactly my point. I'm sure you're glad you didn't end his life. It sounds like most people in this thread would have.

Pete,

Your making as many assumptions as anyone else in this thread..example is your comment "It sounds like most people in this thread would haveNo one knows what they will do until they are in the situation and even then no situation is the same and each will be dealt with in it's own manner. To me you sound like you analyze things too much and seem to touchie feelie. If someone breaks in my house I don’t give a rat’s a** about him, and as I live in Texas and it’s my house I don’t HAVE to care about his health. I’m not saying I will kill a unarmed person backing out of my house, but I may make them bleed a little.

Scubie

Old 05-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Well, IMHO, if the person is in the house without reason (ie. contractor, etc.) They don't get the chance to surrender. Enough said. Now, if the BG runs out of the house before I get to my gun, I'm not chasing after him looking for trouble.

In the house, idc what the laws in my state say. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six. Cruel logic, but criminals aren't exactly the most obedient and trustworthy people, even at gunpoint.

If you have to hold him without shooting him (Forgot to load the gun, bluffing, no heart to kill [which by the way, should not be seen as a weakness, some people just can't do it, and like me most haven't found out yet.]) Tell them lie on their stomach, legs crossed, arms extended all the way out to the sides, palms facing the ceiling. Cover him, and sound confident even if your not. Thats all I got. Legal questions are a complicated can of worms to open. Tread lightly, and whatever you do, DON'T HESITATE AT THE MOMENT OF TRUTH. You can justify your reaction (or inaction) later

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #23

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Hey, I made it on post #20!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #24

Pete,

IMHO, you're a troll. Piss off.

Rich.

Edit............................

Pete,

I've just read through the majority of your previous posts here at FTF, and I'll change my initial opinion that you're a troll. I can see you're very young (20?), and it appears you may not fully realize how your posts come across. I would recommend you think before intimating members of this forum are wanna-be murderers.

Rich.

Last edited by Richz99; 05-09-2011 at 11:52 PM.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richz99 View Post
Pete,

IMHO, you're a troll. Piss off.

Rich.

Edit............................

Pete,

I've just read through the majority of your previous posts here at FTF, and I'll change my initial opinion that you're a troll. I can see you're very young (20?), and it appears you may not fully realize how your posts come across. I would recommend you think before intimating members of this forum are wanna-be murderers.

Rich.
I've been wondering why Charlie Sheen hasn't been in the news lately. He's been on these forums reading through all my posts so he can make an informed decision on whether or nor I'm a troll.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:13 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richz99 View Post
Pete,

Rich.
Yeah that's a big one. Just lacking life experience and wisdom, probably doesn't mean harm.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:48 AM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Pete,

Am I to guess that you think it better to order a home invader to the gound at gun point instead of shooting the invader? You are not really clear on that point. I have to say this, if someone kicks in your door, they are there to harm, period.

Defense of person or persons is justifiable.

Now, if you come home and find someone running off with your X-Box, then shooting is not warranted. Defense of theft of property is almost never justifiable, in most states.

Shooting a passed out drunk in your house is never justifiable.

Murder is killing someone who is no threat to you or anyone else. Any criminal bold enough to illegally enter your home (or your mom's basement) is a direct threat to you (and your mom upstairs). If you just hold them at gunpoint for the police, then they will have time to contrive some lie with their lawyer in defense.

Look, the choice is up to you. If you don't think you need to defend your life, then don't. The world needs victims, too.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-10-2011, 05:13 AM   #28

As soon as the perp breaches into your home he's as good as dead.
Here in Oklahoma.

You don't have a way to know his intentions, give this guy your gun and see if he doesn't shoot you.

In most places is illegal to hold someone at gun point.

It's really simple

The basic idea is, if you touch your gun someone has to die. Just make sure is not you.
only pull your weapon if you are going to shoot someone.
You only shoot someone if you are in mortal danger.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 05-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
only pull your weapon if you are going to shoot someone.
I disagree.

There are plenty of stories where people have pulled their guns and stopped a serious crime without having to shoot.

If someone pulls a knife on me, and I feel like there is enough distance between us where I can safely pull my gun, I will. At that instant, you have the guy at gunpoint. If he starts coming towards me, absolutely, I'm pulling the trigger until he drops. If he doesn't start coming towards me, if he just stands there frozen, I'd tell him to walk away and see what he does. LEGALLY, I probably still could have unloaded on him. The point I have been trying to make is if you can give someone the opportunity to save their life, wouldn't you?? And don't say oh, of course, because all of these posts have shown the exact opposite.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #30

Liked 2606 Times on 1177 Posts
Likes Given: 2527

I really hope you never have any trouble pete cause you are going to get hurt if you do. When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk.