Holder Knew about Gunrunner in '09
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Holder Knew about Gunrunner in '09

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Holder Knew about Gunrunner in '09

Holder Bragged About Project Gunrunner in 2009

By Barbara Hollingsworth, Washington Examiner

On May 3, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder testified before House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa's committee that he only learned about the government's sale of weapons to Mexican drug cartels "in the last few weeks."

But Big Government found a 2009 speech by Holder on the Department of Justice's own website that proves the attorney general was well aware of Operation Gunrunner back in 2009:

…at the arms trafficking conference in Cuernavaca, Holder not only acknowledged the program, he bragged that he was in the process of expanding it:

"Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. DHS is making similar commitments, as Secretary Napolitano will detail."

Read more: Holder Bragged About Project Gunrunner in 2009 - Mexico - Fox Nation
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

What!? Obama's Attorney General LIED?! Surely not! Of course he knew about it, and if he didn't he would simply prove he was incompetent. I feel sure that Obama knew about it too (while he was agreeing with the Mexican Presidente that America's "lax gun laws" were the reason that so many US made firearms were making it below the border.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Of course he did - unless he's completely incompetent - and I don't accept that !

Now it remains to be seen if, like a good little Obama soldier, he dives under the bus.....

Sadly, our first black president emerged from a swamp of corruption, and spread its greasy tentacles into our federal govenment at the highest levels. And, properly, he stands to be brought down by his own arrogance and contempt for the laws he swore to uphold by the "little people" of government taking their duty and oaths of office seriously. >MW

Old 07-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I wish someone could come out and provide solid proof that obama knew about gunrunner and supported it. That would make my day.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 07-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I posted this, not because I didn't believe Holder knew about Gunrunner, but because this proves it. Of course Maobama know's it, he and Holder are as thick as thieves. We just need proof. Maobama can outslick Slick Willie.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
I wish someone could come out and provide solid proof that obama knew about gunrunner and supported it. That would make my day.
That would be dangerous to have that proof. Your obituary would be blacked out in the news paper.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #7

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

When the left and I mean far left leaning Authorized Urnalists report that Issa knew about it as did other republicans, they are referring to Fast and Furious and not project gunrunner.

Fast and Furious was put into motion during the Bush administration.
Fast and Furious did not let guns walk or run across the boarder.
Fast and furious caught gunrunners before they crossed the boarders.

During the osamaobama administration the Project Fast and Furious turned into Project Gunrunner where weapons were allowed to make it into the hands of the drug cartels. Knowing that the DEA and BATFE had no authority to interdict in a foreign country the only other explanation was to pad figures to ask and get more gun control at the expense of innocent lives lost on the drug wars.

Project gunrunner has another name "Operation Castaway"

Source claims ATF's Tampa SAC walked guns to Honduras - National gun rights | Examiner.com

Total weapons run across the boarders are really unknown, but some reports indicate around 2500 +/- That the ATF let run to Mexico alone.

If holder did not know anything about Project Gunrunner then he is totally incompetent and needs to be replaced. If he knew about it which I believe he did because he controls the ATF and they don’t do **** unless there is approval from higher up then he needs to share a cell with Bubba for about life without parole.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2404 Times on 1314 Posts
Likes Given: 3834

No doubt Holder knew about Project Gunrunner. He was most likely briefed by the outgoing Bush AG. Project Gunrunner got underway in 2006. The problem is Operation Fast and Furious that began on the watch of Obama and Holder.

ATF Online - Firearms - Programs - Project Gunrunner

Gun-Running Timeline: How DOJ

Old 07-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #9

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Good reporting in the Weekly Standard this morning. This thing is a mess and someone in the executive should be accountable.

More DOJ Malpractice | The Weekly Standard

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 07-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #10

https://www.nra.org/fireholder/

NRA petition to fire AG Holder