History Channel: America, the Story of Us
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > History Channel: America, the Story of Us

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Default History Channel: America, the Story of Us

What is you all's opinion of the History Channel as far as where they stand on the Second Amendment issues? I always thought since they had alot of shows about weapons and such that they were pretty decent but now I am not so sure. A couple years ago I was excited to watch the documentary series "America the Story of Us" only to be thoroughly disappointed to realize that the celebrity types they picked to do the commentary throughout the shows were a bunch of Hollywood libtards and network news anchormen. Also some of the shows I was fan of are more and more looking like they are trying to make the rural american look like a retard. I'm so sick of Shelby Stanga on Ax Men running around with that big revolver and shootin every which way for no good reason that I'm about ready to quit watching the show altogether.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 980 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I'm so sick of Shelby Stanga on Ax Men running around with that big revolver and shootin every which way for no good reason that I'm about ready to quit watching the show altogether.
I was wondering what got into that guy, too. Last show he had a shotgun with about a four foot extension on the barrel and firing it underwater. Driving that jet boat like a maniac. Even his dog seems to be scared of him! They also dropped a limb on a camera person on one of the logging locations. The shows seem to be getting more and more off the wall on all sides. I agree that it's beginning to look like the objective is to make us all look like raving idiots.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #3

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

A few years back the History Channel was very good. Now it has descended into a bunch of ratings based crap. We've gone from "Tales Of The Gun" to "Ice Road Truckers", "Mudcats", and "Swamp People". The quality programming they used to have is all but gone. They don't even rerun "Tales Of The Gun" anymore. That show was excellent.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Speaking of Shelby from Axe Men, I watched the episode last night and he had his cousin with him who had a breech load shotgun with a 6 foot pipe welded on to it. And people wonder why us firearms enthusiasts get a bad rep.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #5

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Speaking of Shelby from Axe Men, I watched the episode last night and he had his cousin with him who had a breech load shotgun with a 6 foot pipe welded on to it. And people wonder why us firearms enthusiasts get a bad rep.
Ya I saw a few minutes of that episode I didn't catch the whole point behind the long barrel on the shotgun. He has done some pretty dumb stuff with that big revolver this year, the one episode he was standing there talking to his log buyer and all the sudden started shooting into the ground right next to the guy, then another episode he was tryin to cut a bid dead tree and it wouldn't fall so he stuck the barrel of the revolver in the saw cut and was usin it to pry the tree over, pretty idiotic if you ask me.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #6

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

All of these shows reflect what people think of the rural south and Blue collar workers. I have never been to the deep south. If you watch these shows you would never go to these states. This creates a negative view of gun rights as well. Liberal TV producers are not our friends.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #7

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Ya I saw a few minutes of that episode I didn't catch the whole point behind the long barrel on the shotgun. He has done some pretty dumb stuff with that big revolver this year, the one episode he was standing there talking to his log buyer and all the sudden started shooting into the ground right next to the guy, then another episode he was tryin to cut a bid dead tree and it wouldn't fall so he stuck the barrel of the revolver in the saw cut and was usin it to pry the tree over, pretty idiotic if you ask me.
The cousin didn't say what the story behind the pipe on the shotgun was but apparently he has a 1/2 pound trigger pull on it cause if you looked at that shotgun the wrong way it was going off. I think he had 3 or 4 negligent discharges in the episode. I saw the episode your talking about as well with the revolver helping to take down the tree. I just can't believe people like that haven't killed themselves or someone else. The cousin did say Shelby shot him twice (like that's a surprise).

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
All of these shows reflect what people think of the rural south and Blue collar workers. I have never been to the deep south. If you watch these shows you would never go to these states. This creates a negative view of gun rights as well. Liberal TV producers are not our friends.
I agree with you but rest assured, we're not all retards down here south of the Mason-Dixon..

Old 03-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #9

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I hope not. All of my ancestors came west from Tenn,Virginia and the Carolinas. We should be aware however the zeal to punish the south did not end in April of 1865.