HIPAA Changes to Comply With NICS - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > HIPAA Changes to Comply With NICS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

OK, little more reading things twice and a little less writing till after that fellas...

"The only reason it is un-enforceable today is that states do not share the secret information for the non-detailed background checks because HIPPA law arguably contradicts it, so, they err on the side of less information than more."

Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #32

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
OK, little more reading things twice and a little less writing till after that fellas...

"The only reason it is un-enforceable today is that states do not share the secret information for the non-detailed background checks because HIPPA law arguably contradicts it, so, they err on the side of less information than more."
Ok, I will clarify, I am NOT disagreeing with you, but what I am saying is I understand their need to find a way to ENFORCE the existing laws of course, don't get me wrong, I have no issue with that part of it at all. The problem is it seems that if you read into their "proposed new laws" the way they word it is that they are wanting more mental health record information then what they should be entitled to, making it seem like they want to be the deciders on whether or not someone should be able to buy/possess a gun, instead of basing it off what the docs have to say about the person.... if they leave it to just the point of records of people who the docs deem dangerous being added then I agree fully with that.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:02 AM   #33

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Gotcha. Thanks.

Don't get me wrong: I don't trust this administration any more than most here and a lot less than a few agitators. But the judicial standards set by the '68 GCA are both high and clear. This is also the reason they really should be enforced as well as the reason they won't result in significant net change most likely.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #34

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Gotcha. Thanks.

Don't get me wrong: I don't trust this administration any more than most here and a lot less than a few agitators. But the judicial standards set by the '68 GCA are both high and clear. This is also the reason they really should be enforced as well as the reason they won't result in significant net change most likely.
No problem, I wanted it to be clear I wasn't trying to say what you were stating was wrong or I was disagreeing with you.

As far as trusting this administration, I don't either.... I feel that the damn HIPAA people will just fight against this issue and won't allow the records of those deemed a threat into the NICS system, which will force harsher laws until the point of the two fighting causes a whole new law that they have no choice on the matter and must submit every single mental health record on everybody to the NICS system, which would in turn allow idiots to review them and then deem way more people a threat and unable to own guns then needs to be. Not trying to start a conspiracy theory either, but with what the current administration is doing I think this could be a viable outcome if the fight continues........

Old 04-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 990

When they start requiring a BG check to vote I will agree with one to buy a gun!
None of this BS will have any positive effect on our 'safety', it will only give the progressive government more 'control' of US!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!