Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Hiker finds stash of AK-47s in Phoenix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

It could be risky keeping a found gun. A friend was fishing over in Idaho not far from I-15 North. He found a Mdl. 60 S&W revolver. He called me about his great find that afternoon. I told him to turn the Damn thing into the police "Pronto". He turned the gun into the SLC, Ut. PD. Bingo, the gun had belonged to a murdered New York officer. Any way by turning it in he avoided some possible pain and expense.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:12 AM   #42

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 17

If they were real AK's, most likely they were not serial numbered...If they were numbered imports then they could be HOT and if you got caught with them, the BatF(((s would make an example out of you. I would still have carried them out, and then checked the numbers if they had any...If they were not numbered and were full auto, my first stop would have been to drop them off at the sheriffs office, not a cop shop,,SHERIFFS OFFICE.

If they were numbered and not NCIC~~SCORE!!!

NRA Life
Whittington Center Life
Times are tough, ammo is expensive, there will be no warning shots.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #43

Liked 692 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusTFirefly View Post
Not found in Phoenix. Madera Canyon is in the Santa Rita mountains a few miles south of Tucson. (which is about 100 miles S. of Phoenix)
Opps... Sorry I didnt notice that until after I posted...

Old 07-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1137 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 1676

I personally would not keep them, and would not take them to the LE. Because when you deliver them, you will be in possession of stolen firearms. The best thing to do is just forget about them, as if you'd never found them. If you really must do something, you might make an anonymous call from a phone booth, not from your cell phone, to tell them about the stuff, then just hang up and get as far away from the phone booth as possible.
Along this line, I once saw a "COPS" episode where an old lady had found a stash of crack, flagged down a cop to turn it over to him. He arrested her for possession of a controlled substance.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 07-06-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #45

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I personally would not keep them, and would not take them to the LE. Because when you deliver them, you will be in possession of stolen firearms. The best thing to do is just forget about them, as if you'd never found them. If you really must do something, you might make an anonymous call from a phone booth, not from your cell phone, to tell them about the stuff, then just hang up and get as far away from the phone booth as possible.
Along this line, I once saw a "COPS" episode where an old lady had found a stash of crack, flagged down a cop to turn it over to him. He arrested her for possession of a controlled substance.
Hmmmmm....Seems a lot of folks are drinking the "Kool Aid" ! OTOH, since a lot of them are LEOs I can't find too much fault with your paranoia ! >MW