Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Hiker finds stash of AK-47s in Phoenix (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/hiker-finds-stash-ak-47s-phoenix-67492/)

Trez 07-02-2012 06:20 PM

Hiker finds stash of AK-47s in Phoenix

Quote:

PHOENIX (AP) -

A hiker has stumbled upon an unusually find the in the Madera Canyon area -- assault rifles in a black trash bag.

The Nogales International reported the hike recently discovered the AK-47s one mile north of Old Baldy Trail.

Santa Cruz County Sheriff's deputies then went to the site and recovered what turned out to be a stash of AK-47 assault rifles.

Lt. Raoul Rodriguez said the rifles were "badly rusted" and had "obviously been there for quite some time." Four rifle magazines were also recovered.

Rodriguez said the weapons were taken to the sheriff's office and secured.

Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. KPHO (Meredith Corporation) contributed to this report.
Hmmm... I wish I woulda found these... ;)

jjfuller1 07-02-2012 06:48 PM

i concur...

texaswoodworker 07-02-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trez (Post 856567)
Hmmm... I wish I woulda found these... ;)

I'd like to find all those Winchester rifles that are somewhere out there. If I'm ever in that area, I'm going hunting. :D

W. C. Quantrill 07-02-2012 06:54 PM

They'd have sure been secured if I had found them,,,,no doubt about that.

winds-of-change 07-02-2012 07:20 PM

Awesome!! It would have been hard for me to lug those out of the canyon but I sure would have tried. :D

totallyfrozen 07-02-2012 07:35 PM

"badly rusted" and appeared to have been there for "sometime". I have to admit I would have reported the find to the police. Sounds pretty suspicious to me--especially given the proximity to our southern border. It's not unlikely--IMO--that these weapons were used in a crime at some time. Might be why they were dumped in that fashion.
In any case, I wouldn't have kept them. My freedom is worth more to me than a bag full of rusty AKs.

W. C. Quantrill 07-02-2012 07:39 PM

a little rust never hurt any AK. I'm with you, Winds, I would have left my food, clothes and gear there and headed down to my truck with a full pack of iron. hahahahah The Mexicans would have come back to find an empty bag,,,,,hahahahahah

trip286 07-02-2012 07:50 PM

They could have been turned over to the mexican drug runners... one bullet at a time. Especially considering how they can get their hands on full auto with their strict gun laws, and we can't. It would only be fitting.

hiwall 07-02-2012 08:32 PM

"I would have left my food, clothes and gear there"
I'm just glad I did not see W. C. Quantrill carrying a few AK's with no clothes:eek:
If they were full auto's I might have turned them in. Or not!
Maybe I should start doing more hiking closer to the border.

purehavoc 07-02-2012 08:42 PM

Hmmm , wonder if those had already been modified to F/A