Here in the U.K....... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Here in the U.K.......


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 589
Liked 245 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

I wish you brits best of luck getting some sanity back. I am in Arizona, USA, the sanest place on Earth, where we recognize the right to self defense and right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. We have plentyof room - a BIT hotter than England, but I know of two Englishmen who came here for our laws...plus a Kiwi.


armoredman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spalding. U.K.,Lincolnshire, U.K.
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Are Brits still allowed to own shovels and bags of lye?
Yes, but I would need a J.C.B. digger, and lorryloads of Lye to get rid of the 650 items of dross in Parliment at this moment in time.
The whole of the U.S. of A is run by a damned site less than we are.

Jungleman.

P.S. Why go to all that trouble when you could put a Cruise missile through the front door?.


__________________
There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.
jungleman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Are Brits still allowed to own shovels and bags of lye?
I had a similar question. If the law works in favor of criminals and against the good, law-abiding citizen in his or her home, maybe playing by the legislators' and law-enforcement officers' game isn't the smartest thing to do.

While the U.S. constitution codifies a few innate human rights, it bears mentioning they are EVERYONE'S rights, whether your government recognizes them or not. It's up to you, the individual, to figure out what abuses you're willing to tolerate and what you won't tolerate.
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spalding. U.K.,Lincolnshire, U.K.
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
I wish you brits best of luck getting some sanity back. I am in Arizona, USA, the sanest place on Earth, where we recognize the right to self defense and right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. We have plentyof room - a BIT hotter than England, but I know of two Englishmen who came here for our laws...plus a Kiwi.
Hi. I was in Vegas in 86, and went to the Hoover dam, Grand Canyon, had 3 weeks in CA, San Diego. Cops are keen at Flagstaff, I got a ticket for driving 2, yes, 2 MPH over the limit. I just loved Arizona , well, apart from the flash floods, when there was no sign of a cloud in the sky. Loved the heat in particular.The only right to bear arms, is when it's a hot day and we can roll our shirt sleeves up.
Jungleman
__________________
There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.
jungleman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
Yes, but I would need a J.C.B. digger, and lorryloads of Lye to get rid of the 650 items of dross in Parliment at this moment in time.
Interesting line of thinking. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
The whole of the U.S. of A is run by a damned site less than we are.
Oh, I don't know about that. You may have more MPs than we have Congressvermin, but we have state governors and state legislatures, county executives and county legislatures, city mayors and town supervisors with their respective legislatures. It's easy to break a law here. It's difficult to avoid breaking a law.

That's a problem, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
P.S. Why go to all that trouble when you could put a Cruise missile through the front door?.
They won't let you have a .22lr. They're going to let you play with a cruise missile?
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spalding. U.K.,Lincolnshire, U.K.
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I had a similar question. If the law works in favor of criminals and against the good, law-abiding citizen in his or her home, maybe playing by the legislators' and law-enforcement officers' game isn't the smartest thing to do.

While the U.S. constitution codifies a few innate human rights, it bears mentioning they are EVERYONE'S rights, whether your government recognizes them or not. It's up to you, the individual, to figure out what abuses you're willing to tolerate and what you won't tolerate.
bkt. It's a shame we don't have somewon like you as President, we Brits are re known for taking things lying down, with a typical stiff upper lip. The trouble here is Political Correctness, which covers a multitude of sins. As you are well aware, we have a coalition government at the moment, it will never work, ever, even myself and wife disagree on points, and we are just 2, so how the hell can we get anything done with things as they are now. Tony Blair ruined our rights to own shotguns and firearms, they were difficult to obtain then, now it;s even worse. There are different "Nationalities" in London who use sub machine guns, and knives. And don't even get me started on the "RACE" card they play over here.

Jungleman
__________________
There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.
jungleman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spalding. U.K.,Lincolnshire, U.K.
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Interesting line of thinking. I like it.


Oh, I don't know about that. You may have more MPs than we have Congressvermin, but we have state governors and state legislatures, county executives and county legislatures, city mayors and town supervisors with their respective legislatures. It's easy to break a law here. It's difficult to avoid breaking a law.

That's a problem, if you ask me.


They won't let you have a .22lr. They're going to let you play with a cruise missile?
Now just hang on a minute.we too have Mayors regional council executives etc, as well as all the government appointed quangoes, so I stand by my comments as posted prior.As for the .22lr I said you could put one in, not us, we have to blame somewon, as we can't afford one, even some of our aircraft are grounded in the East through lack of spare parts!!
Jungleman.
__________________
There is no such thing as a problem,only a solution.

Last edited by jungleman; 04-17-2011 at 06:23 PM.
jungleman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
wmille01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: south of louisville,Kentucky
Posts: 508
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

just thinking about we as Americans do have the right to over throw the government if we really don't like what there doing... that or mexico.
__________________
"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."
wmille01 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,541
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
Hi. I was in Vegas in 86, and went to the Hoover dam, Grand Canyon, had 3 weeks in CA, San Diego. Cops are keen at Flagstaff, I got a ticket for driving 2, yes, 2 MPH over the limit. I just loved Arizona , well, apart from the flash floods, when there was no sign of a cloud in the sky. Loved the heat in particular.The only right to bear arms, is when it's a hot day and we can roll our shirt sleeves up.
Jungleman
Haha. The Highway Patrol loves to wait just over the top of the last hill into Flag. I have been pulled over several times because the cruise control puts the car over the top a bit too fast. Never got a ticket, though.

Just down the hill from Flag is Williams. I got a ticket for 3 MPH over the limit slowing down. But that was about 17 years ago.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #20
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
Now just hang on a minute.we too have Mayors regional council executives etc, as well as all the government appointed quangoes, so I stand by my comments as posted prior.As for the .22lr I said you could put one in, not us, we have to blame somewon, as we can't afford one, even some of our aircraft are grounded in the East through lack of spare parts!!
Jungleman.
Fair enough Jungleman.

About political correctness...we have that here but to a lesser degree than you do in the U.K. The unwillingness of a great people, such as those in the U.K., to stand up for common sense and self preservation in deference to political correctness would be a terrible loss to the world. Here's to hoping you guys form your own Tea Party rallies in the U.K.


bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads