Here is some good info
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Here is some good info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 541 Times on 327 Posts

Default Here is some good info

Urge State Lawmakers to Create a Tax-Free Holiday on Firearms and Hunting Supplies

This coming weekend, your neighbors in Louisiana will enjoy an exemption from their state and local sales and use taxes on individual purchases of firearms, ammunition and hunting supplies. Since 2009, the Sportsmen’s Paradise has celebrated a “Second Amendment Weekend Sales Tax Holiday” during the first full weekend in September. This places firearm and sporting goods retailers in East and Southeast Texas at a competitive disadvantage around the time hunting season begins.

State Senator Glenn Hegar (R-Katy) is calling for enactment of a similar “Back to Hunt” tax-free holiday weekend in Texas, pointing out that “[i]mplementing a tax-free weekend for sportsmen in Texas will stimulate new hunting participation while also increasing economic activity.” Click here to view his press release. In 2011, Senator Hegar sponsored a similar measure when the state was faced with serious fiscal and economic challenges. During the 2013 session, legislation establishing a tax-free holiday for these items was introduced by state Representative Jeff Leach (R-Plano), but this bill never received a hearing by the House Ways & Means Committee.

NRA members should urge their state lawmakers to support the future establishment of a tax-free weekend for firearms and hunting supplies, which will support businesses in the Lone Star State and encourage more hardworking Texans to go afield. Click here to identify your state Senator and state Representative and to access

"I'm an A**hole"
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Dang, This sounds like a great idea.....but it should be all year long. That would be even better.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"
People Like This 
Old 09-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #3

Liked 85 Times on 66 Posts

I think they should do that here in Florida.
People Like This 
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

sounds like a great idea to me as well.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
sounds like a great idea to me as well.
South Carolina already has a tax-free day on firearms, hunting, and related stuff. The first weekend in September/Labor day weekend.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 327 Posts

Texas has the tax free weekend but it is only for clothes and shoes . For back to school shopping.

"I'm an A**hole"